FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Im Supprised Nobody Posted This
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im shocked nobody posted this.. Howard Moscow and the TTC have agreed to increase the cash fair from $2.50 to $2.75 starting sometime in April. Also, not too long ago sometime last year, they jacked up the TTC Cash fair from $2.25 to $2.50, I have YET to see any improvements which this EXTRA price im paying for is resulting in, im getting the same, if not, WORSE level of service, have you been on a Subway lately? at 9:00 in the morning, theyre running trains LESS FREQUENTLY, causing MORE people to be crammed onto the subway trains, just the other day, it reminded me of the Japanese subways, where they push people through the doors to cram them on into the trains, its getting redicolos i tell ya. The TTC is a JOKE, its turning into another Ford and GM. they make $30/hr to stick their head out of a subway car window, fak
You haven't got a fawkin clue what I or anybody else does on this board at Ford. So STFU and concentrate on trying to make more than $10/hour fixing phones. That is not how your future should look.

Oh and BTW, didn't your dad work at Ford?

Nice slap in the face from his son who lives under his roof. And things are the same at Ford now that they were when your Dad worked here. He didn't make Ford a better place.
WTF? f***tard you totally confused here TTC is turning into a FORD/GM in terms of Union/Pension, its not the other way arorund like you think.
Firstly, I DONT CARE bout what or who you do at ford, this is about the TTC, which most of us rely on, we dont rely on ford for transportation needs, though it wuold be nice if we thought of ford in that way, some of us actually have to rely on a transportation to get arround in the city, we need to find out which mistakes they make and why theyre making this, and what they can do for the most important part of the TTC, the RIDERS who actually take the system, its ok to WORK in the system but those people who work there every day are sort of washed out to what the problems are with the system, they dont realize that cramming so many people on a train is not a good thing, its also a safety risk, what happens when they all start charging the doors, especially with this ammount of people, not good, what other things can the TTC do to improve service? make mor eroutes? send more or less on upgrading the subways? what are your opinions, f***tard
paolo,Feb 11 2006, 12:38 PM Wrote:Firstly, I DONT CARE bout what or who you do at ford, this is about the TTC[right][snapback]169787[/snapback][/right]

My point exactly. Don't bring Ford into your discussion about the TTC. I could care less about the TTC as I live in the burbs.

The union has faught hard and well for what I get as an employee and what your father, who puts the roof over your head, gets as a pensioner.

So what did you mean then by saying the TTC is turning into another Ford or GM? That didn't sound very positive.
meford4u,Feb 11 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:My point exactly.  Don't bring Ford into your discussion about the TTC.  I could care less about the TTC as I live in the burbs.

The union has faught hard and well for what I get as an employee and what your father, who puts the roof over your head, gets as a pensioner.

So what did you mean then by saying the TTC is turning into another Ford or GM?  That didn't sound very positive.
[right][snapback]169818[/snapback][/right]
well you can simply ignore that comment, and comment on everything else i said. besides, this topic was posted on 10 other discussion boards and 95% of the responces were comparing it to ford/gm/big union workers, which i used as an eXAMPLE which i dont need to get into so just ignore what im saying now.... and feel free to follow up on any of the other issues at large
paolo,Feb 11 2006, 02:52 PM Wrote:well you can simply ignore that comment, and comment on everything else i said.[right][snapback]169822[/snapback][/right]
If you don't put unrelated statements in your posts then they won't get commented on.

The comment I will make is that I don't use/need/care about the TTC, people inside Toronto don't give a frack about those outside of it and thumb their noses at "905"ers. The feeling is mutual.

I do know that when I paid my $50G in income tax when I was working 80 hours a week that a portion of it went to subsidize the TTC. I do say that if people want to ride public transportation, they should pay for it. Nobody subsidizes my transportation to work.

What's the issue? Employee wages? Bus drivers need to support their families. People have to pay $400G for a s*** hole shack in Toronto. What do you want to pay them? Minimum wage?

What does the director of the TTC make? Any idea? I'm sure he's not slumming it with the ticket takers.
....5-0 after 1 period in olympic hockey...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
the TTC just bought over 500 new buses .. i'd say that's a good use of the extra money
microbunny,Feb 11 2006, 03:18 PM Wrote:....5-0 after 1 period in olympic hockey...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
[right][snapback]169827[/snapback][/right]

Make that 7-0 in the second!
paolo,Feb 11 2006, 11:39 AM Wrote:im shocked nobody posted this.. [right][snapback]169772[/snapback][/right]

You are shocked that nobody on a CAR forum cares? If they can afford to own a car I'm pretty sure they can afford 25 cents more to ride a bus.........whoopty dooo.

Did you think fares would go down in price or something?

TTC vehicles use energy in the form of fuel or electricity and energy prices have gone up proportionately if not more.

2001 ZTS,Feb 11 2006, 04:57 PM Wrote:You are shocked that nobody on a CAR forum cares? If they can afford to own a car I'm pretty sure they can afford 25 cents more to ride a bus.........whoopty dooo. [right][snapback]169834[/snapback][/right]

somethings wrong here, you can post and bitch and whine about gas, heating and insurance price increases, but when public transportation is mentioned, everyones quiet. no comment
Everyone's on top of you because you are an idiot.

Just like your buddy Raine was an idiot.

Bring up thoughtful and meaningful topics that make sense to a car forum and quit taking jabs at people and not being able to back up your BS.

Idiot.
paolo,Feb 11 2006, 03:21 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Feb 11 2006, 04:57 PM Wrote:You are shocked that nobody on a CAR forum cares? If they can afford to own a car I'm pretty sure they can afford 25 cents more to ride a bus.........whoopty dooo. [right][snapback]169834[/snapback][/right]

somethings wrong here, you can post and bitch and whine about gas, heating and insurance price increases, but when public transportation is mentioned, everyones quiet. no comment
[right][snapback]169841[/snapback][/right]
Problem with wat u just said tho is, Gas, heating and insurance affects EVERYONE, public transportation doesn't. Hell I don't even live in the same province, nor do I ever take pub transport. But gas affects me, same with heating. So that's when I comment. That also may be why others on here don't comment. The pub transportation doesn't affect them in the least bit, so why would they care?.
Phantom,Feb 11 2006, 04:34 PM Wrote:That also may be why others on here don't comment. The pub transportation doesn't affect them in the least bit, so why would they care?.
[right][snapback]169845[/snapback][/right]
In 1987 I was a 19 years old, I couldn't afford the $1500 basic PL&PD insurance on my car, so I had to bus to work. My job wasn't that far off the beaten track (for you Windsor guys, I worked at Tepperman's) but the bus to that area ran every 60 minutes. So I had to take the bus at 5:15 AM to catch the connection (I lived near IODE Hospital) to get to my job by 7AM. Yes, a 30 minute bus ride, and 45 minute wait on a bus bench to catch the connection. Cost: $1.20 a trip, a month pass was $75.

This was a far cry from the $85 a month a TTC pass cost me (or $.90 a trip) when I was stationed at the Downsview base, and you could get all over Toronto and Scarborough. And you didn't have to wait all day to do it.

People that take the TTC should be forced to go to another city and take their public transit. You don't know how good you have it.

I have a house in a survey at the outskirts of Hamilton. My $5000 a year in property taxes include a (IIRC) $130 public transit (HSR) surcharge. Guess what? The HSR doesn't even RUN out here. It's a 20 minute walk to get to the nearest bus stop. In my 14 years in Hamilton my family and I've taken it less than 10 times, so if you do the math that's over $100 a trip by my reckoning.

When rates hit that in Toronto, you'll have my sympathy.
no one gives a s**t.

closed for mod review
Meford, please refrain from the personal attacks. People just dont like being called idiots, especially when he's posting this in the Offtopic forum. Dont go give him s*** for posting somethign that isnt in line with a car forum.....some of the s*** you post....nuff said. ;)

You dont like what paolo has to say, ignore him like you do with nos and ondafrutz.

I go away for a week-end and come back to 7 PM's all about this gay ass s***.

Grow up guys. :rolleyes: anbd let's keep this ontopic.

Meford, you have somthing to say about this, feel free to PM me. B)
The fare hike comes conviently after Steven Harper said he would give tax breaks to people who use public transit regularily. Hmmmm Fishy. :rolleyes:

It's a pisser for me, seeing I ride the vomet comet every day from Union to Bloor. I usually walk in the summer both ways, but still. It's a pain in the ass for sure.

I still can't understand why Toronto can't adopt a system like the GO. Pay for distance travelled. I don't get how someone going from Union to Yorkdale, has to pay the same as someone going from Union the Queen....

It makes no sence.

P.s.
More busses is a good way to spend the money.
I wish Toronto transit could be more like Vancouver transit. period.

but the fair hikes are expected... I'm not a bi fan of support non-viable businesses with my tax dollars. Taking the TTC is still cheaper than driving a car.
People still take buses? :huh:
My brother applied to be a TTC train cop, and they start at like $60k a year...from 9/11 and all that shiz, the costs are soaring. So i bet a few pennies from the fare hike is going towards that.

Its good to see the trains are crammed, alot more people are being sensible and taking transit.