FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Kung-fu Fighting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's amazing! :o
Sweet find!!
good find!

is it safe to say that rally might have given birth to drifting as a sport?
nass,Feb 11 2006, 10:49 AM Wrote:good find!

is it safe to say that rally might have given birth to drifting as a sport?
[right][snapback]169775[/snapback][/right]

Or is it the other way around? Drifting gave birth and infused itself into rallying?
I liek beer
For the newbs, it isn't in fact DRIFTING :fag: , it's a handbrake turn. The guys who get paid to drive those kind of cars wouldn't waste their time in something like a figure skating contest where you get judged for "style" :1gayfight2: AKA "drifting"
I would s*** my pants If I was the guy in the side line seeing a car passing a couple of inch in front of me. :ph34r: :D
2001 ZTS,Feb 12 2006, 04:02 AM Wrote:For the newbs, it isn't in fact DRIFTING :fag: , it's a handbrake turn. The guys who get paid to drive those kind of cars wouldn't waste their time in something like a figure skating contest where you get judged for "style" :1gayfight2: AKA "drifting"
[right][snapback]169908[/snapback][/right]

I never said it was drifting, I asked if it gave some guy had an idea of " holy s*** that looks awesome lets do that all over a track! " :blink:

learn how to read
nass,Feb 12 2006, 11:54 AM Wrote:learn how to read
[right][snapback]169942[/snapback][/right]

I don't think I was talking to, with or about you?

Don't worry your overly fragile "sensitivity" won't be trampled on anymore, I have just thrown you into the IGNORE bin. You and NOS have a good time talking about Nite_S_hit OK?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=drifting

Quote:Main Entry:  drifting
Part of Speech:  noun
Definition:  an extreme motor sport in which race cars slide sideways on racetrack turns

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Drifting

Quote:To cause a vehicle to exceed its tire's limits of adhesion, exhibiting a lateral slip, resulting in an oversteer condition.

2001 ZTS,Feb 12 2006, 05:07 PM Wrote:

Don't worry your overly fragile "sensitivity" won't be trampled on anymore, I have just thrown you into the IGNORE bin. You and NOS have a good time talking about Nite_S_hit OK?
[right][snapback]169943[/snapback][/right]

I was the one that made the comment about rally and drifting so yeah you were talking to me :P put me on ignore if you want, you make a comment about what I post I reply to it to clear it up and you put me on ignore. WHO is the sensitive one now? :D

someone quote this so he can read.
nass,Feb 12 2006, 02:50 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Feb 12 2006, 05:07 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]169943[/snapback][/right]

I was the one that made the comment about rally and drifting so yeah you were talking to me :P put me on ignore if you want, you make a comment about what I post I reply to it to clear it up and you put me on ignore. WHO is the sensitive one now? :D

someone quote this so he can read.
[right][snapback]169974[/snapback][/right]
done and done.
^^^ hahah funny guys!

you can tell its a handbrake turn with some cars, beacuse the back wheels stop turning, locks up nice.

I never knew you could swing/drift a focus like that.
FociPhil,Feb 13 2006, 04:08 PM Wrote:^^^ hahah funny guys!

you can tell its a handbrake turn with some cars, beacuse the back wheels stop turning, locks up nice.

[right][snapback]170102[/snapback][/right]

should be able to do that to any car, all you need is a strong ebrake, and lots of power to pull you through the apex oh and grippy tires help to.... don't try this at home :D
Nice find... gotta love seeing the older Focus running the track with McRae!
nass,Feb 13 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:

should be able to do that to any car, all you need is a strong ebrake, and lots of power to pull you through the apex oh and grippy tires help to.... don't try this at home :D
[right][snapback]170105[/snapback][/right]

not to mention a *BIT* of skill...a good percentage of the people on this board probly would have taken out 10-20 spectators trying that.
FociPhil,Feb 14 2006, 04:20 PM Wrote:
nass,Feb 13 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:

not to mention a *BIT* of skill...a good percentage of the people on this board probly would have taken out 10-20 spectators trying that.
[right][snapback]170379[/snapback][/right]

what's the scorebook say the point value is for each spectator?
10points
FociPhil,Feb 14 2006, 11:20 AM Wrote:
nass,Feb 13 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:should be able to do that to any car, all you need is a strong ebrake, and lots of power to pull you through the apex oh and grippy tires help to.... don't try this at home :D

[right][snapback]170379[/snapback][/right]

Heh, bet I'd actually manage to flip my car trying a stunt as crazy as that :lol:

NefCanuck