FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wiper Motor Issues...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the second time. This morning (again) I got in my car, started heading down the highway, got the windshield dirty, hit the fluid, fluid comes out and ... nothing. No wiping. So I hit the wiper arms myself to regular speed ... nothing. I flick them on, off, on, off ... nothing. I pull over to the side of the highway in a semi-emergency stop (because I can't see $@/$&?!) and I check the wiper blades to see if they're frozen to the windshield and they aren't. So I pop my head inside the car, put the wipers to normal, go to the side of the car and force the wipers to move in their predestined direction. Guess what? They start working. They worked the rest of the way to work.

It was -18°C all night. Could the motor have been frozen in place? Or is the damned thing defective?
it is possible. moisture could get in the mechanizim(sp?) and freeze it up especially at those temps. I don't know if spraying wd-40 or another water disperser would help any?
Possible... but is that normal? Anyone else run into that problem?
Twice my Focus has had wiper problems. They work fine most of the time but twice they have had a problem returning. I would turn them off and they would just stop where ever they were. Next time I am at the dealer I will ask about it.
when mine did that it was due to a fuse...
FociBC,Feb 13 2006, 11:09 PM Wrote:when mine did that it was due to a fuse...
[right][snapback]170336[/snapback][/right]

Checked my fuses, everything's good. All fuses and relays check out.
My rear wiper will do the same. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

I'm just glad it decided to work for the safety. LOL
Sometimes motors get stuck between two windings... really rare... but they won't budge until you give them a little nudge. It can happen to any electrical motor. Just the luck of the draw.

If it's working fine now, shrug it off as a glitch and move on with your life :P