FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Are Any Focus Owners Interested In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any ford focus members in here also interested in partaking in any high tech stuff? like for example a hofo meet? hofo short for HOward FOrums, which is a community discussiong cellular electronics, pocket pc, blackberries, palm pilots, RAZR's, etc.. pls feel free to put your name down.

theres one happening at Feb 26 Yonge n Shep.
Maybe computer trade show g2g's... but not wireless gadget g2g's... :/
Ditto. I'd go for computer related stuff, maybe LAN parties, but not cell phones. You pick it up, you dial, you hang up. What more do you want to know? Ringtone exchanges?
nass,Feb 10 2006, 02:03 PM Wrote:not to sound rude or anything but what is there to discuss about those things? or do you just get together and have a few drinks and not talk about cell phones and PDAs?

without looking first I am sure my cellphone is way bigger than Meford's is  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]169628[/snapback][/right]

I don't own a cellphone.

I am not like Paolo :fag:
I've got the biggest one of all of you:

[Image: CellMount.jpg]

That's just the handset, the "guts" take up a good portion of my trunk space and then there is the antenna surface mounted to the rear glass. No wonder peeps think I'm a cop car with my black steel winter wheels.

Can't beat the range of an old Motorola 5W bag phone for voice though, hello operator "I'm calling from Mars, can you put me through to ___________"

2001 ZTS,Feb 10 2006, 10:33 PM Wrote:I've got the biggest one of all of you:

[Image: CellMount.jpg]

That's just the handset, the "guts" take up a good portion of my trunk space and then there is the antenna surface mounted to the rear glass. No wonder peeps think I'm a cop car with my black steel winter wheels.

Can't beat the range of an old Motorola 5W bag phone for voice though, hello operator "I'm calling from Mars, can you put me through to ___________"
[right][snapback]169719[/snapback][/right]

Holy... there's a carrier that'll still support a museum piece like that? :blink: Tell me you 're just messing with us... Hell, I'd be afraid to have that monstrosity anywhere near me... would probably give me a third eye or something :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 10 2006, 10:41 PM Wrote:Holy... there's a carrier that'll still support a museum piece like that? :blink:  Tell me you 're just messing with us... Hell, I'd be afraid to have that monstrosity anywhere near me... would probably give me a third eye or something :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]169720[/snapback][/right]

Who knows, maybe an extra leg?

Coming to think of it I could blame it for my penis monstrousim?

At any rate it is a Bell Mobility plan and everything works fine (both the phone and my penis).
You must of had to crank up the amps on your alternator just to supply the phone's current! :P
wow guys im just seeing if theres interest.

Last i checked, you all bug me or Raine when you need questions answered with your cellphones, so why not learn a bit too at these meets, who cares if your a n00b and what you do, you go to car meets? heck they even have supermarket message boards who regularily have g2gs. big flipping deal. Its NOT all about cellphones just so u know, a lot of the people who go to these also like music/mp3 players, watching tv/movies on their cellphones or pocket pc, palm pilot, sony walkman phones, bluetooth wireless headsets, in car navigation systems, etc.
paolo,Feb 11 2006, 11:31 AM Wrote:wow guys im just seeing if theres interest.

Last i checked, you all bug me or Raine when you need questions answered with your cellphones, so why not learn a bit too at these meets, who cares if your a n00b and what you do, you go to car meets? heck they even have supermarket message boards who regularily have g2gs. big flipping deal.  Its NOT all about cellphones just so u know, a lot of the people who go to these also like music/mp3 players, watching tv/movies on their cellphones or pocket pc, palm pilot, sony walkman phones, bluetooth wireless headsets, in car navigation systems, etc.
[right][snapback]169783[/snapback][/right]

Dude, don't get your balls in a knot. We're just jacking around... Don't take it so seriously.
meford4u,Feb 11 2006, 03:29 PM Wrote:That's paolo.  Balls in a knot.  Didn't take you long to figure that out.
[right][snapback]169819[/snapback][/right]

No problemo, glad to hear both of you guys confirmed your attendance to this event, I'll see u there :) :P
Mine is so big I need a shoulder strap.

#1 Reason why old cell phones rule:

BUTTONS THAT ARE BIG ENOUGH TO BE USABLE

I won't be going to any geek meet but if anyone is considering a satellite based system for voice/data in a remote or mobile location I've got one word:

GlobalStar
I don't believe there was any need to start attacking Paolo... he's trying to organize a meet, you can either go, or not go.... it doesn't constantly need to be made personal.

There's another thread on this, and you folks will behave or take a time out.