FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Vw To Cut 20,000 Jobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
looks like Ford and GM aren't the only ones...

from this news post

Quote:Volkswagen to lay off 20,000
In major restructuring program, Volkswagen to cut up to 20,000 workers at VW brand
February 10, 2006: 8:25 AM EST

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen expects to cut up to 20,000 employees in the next three years at its core VW brand in a sweeping restructuring program that could also see production capacity cut, the company said on Friday.
Now the build quality really will go to the s***iheizen.
ANTHONYD,Feb 10 2006, 12:16 PM Wrote:Now the build quality really will go to the s***iheizen.
[right][snapback]169602[/snapback][/right]

lol
ANTHONYD,Feb 10 2006, 11:16 AM Wrote:Now the build quality really will go to the s***iheizen.
[right][snapback]169602[/snapback][/right]

GO? Anthony VW's build quality was in the s***enhausen long before now, why do you think they're sheeding 20K worth of jobs? :lol:

NefCanuck
^^I know!

I have a few friends that bought VW's thinking they were these perfectly built little cars (heard nothing but WONDERFUL things about them) Only to have more recalls than our beloved Focus.

I love it!
:lol:
Engineered by Germans, built by Mexicans.

It's no wonder, drivers are wanted... ;)
ANTHONYD,Feb 11 2006, 10:21 AM Wrote:^^I know!

I have a few friends that bought VW's thinking they were these perfectly built little cars (heard nothing but WONDERFUL things about them) Only to have more recalls than our beloved Focus.

I love it!
:lol:
[right][snapback]169763[/snapback][/right]

Funny thing is though, my dad's neighbour has only ever bought VW's and as far as I've ever heard from him, no problems (He only buys diesels, first Rabbits, now Golfs) must get the ones built by the supervisors I guess :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 12 2006, 11:19 PM Wrote:I have a few friends that bought VW's thinking they were these perfectly built little cars (heard nothing but WONDERFUL things about them) Only to have more recalls than our beloved Focus.[right][snapback]170023[/snapback][/right]

Yup ... VW = perennial losers in the annual J.D. Power surveys - always below average and often near the bottom of the pack. And my own experience with my new 1990 Corrado made it the last VW I think I'll ever own.