FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Slippin Clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well 6600km and seems the clutch is slipping, least I felt there was "something" wrong I donno how to describe it just didn't feel normal, took it back to my sales guy tonight went around the block he said it felt fine, then tried starting in 2nd to give the clutch a load and he felt it chatter. So booked in tommorow morning to be checked by service. They better not try and make me pay to replace a pre-mature worn clutch or I'mma be pissed.
You're not trying to "dump the clutch" on the factory pancake that's installed from the factory, are you?
How about starting in 1st..... ????
A good way to test if your clutch is slipping is get started normaly shift to 2nd and then to 4th and put your foot down to the floor. If your clutch is going to slip it will do it then.
clutches are a consumable item. You could buy a brand new car and burn out the clutch before it hits 1000km with poor driving. Is that the manufacters responsibility to replace? Nope. If they take it apart and notice something is wrong and they can't trace it back to you driving badly then they'll replace it but more often than not they won't cover a clutch.
They took it for a test drive to see if they could find anything, and they didn't then they checked for leaks, nothing. So if the clutch dies, and they do under warrenty replace it, I will just have them install Centerforce Dual friction clutch and be done with it.