FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Moving...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, as the heading says, I am moving, yet again. This time though, I'm not leaving the base I am posted to in terms of my job, but I am however leaving the shacks/barracks...as I have outgrown them, and there is a TON of new people being posted here. Because of the new people, the shacks are all being filled up, so no more double room to myself. Thats ok though...I now have a Townhouse/PMQ on the southern DND property down in the town of Petawawa itself.

This is my first place, and I've only just come to realize just how much you need for a house of any kind. Also, how much work is involved with them too, even if it's only a rental. YES, I know I could have mortgaged a house for the same kind of money, actually a bit more, but I felt this was the best option.

I am getting my phone moved there this wkd, getting digital cable installed on saturday, getting my internet moved there next week, take delivery of my new bed I bought next week, as well as get the washer and dryer my roomate ordered in delivered, and a stove too.

So far I've cleared out my room and storage lockers about 75%, with only the big stuff remaining, and a few clothes to last the rest of this week.

Anyways, I'm enthused and keen to re-clean the place and start decorating it, and getting myself settled...

Ah well, wish me luck!

:)
Good luck on your new house. Hopefully all works out okay.
Luck

And when's the first kegger?
Hey man, curious on what your Q is...(3, 4 bedroom) I have a 4 bedroom and i'm paying 630 a month. I know when i was in borden, i was paying 425 for a 3 bedroom, but thats when i was a no hook PTE.

I'm only asking because i may be eventually posted to Pet...i'm remustering to Flight Engineer within the next year...

did you consider living in the focus savage like? :)

congrats you'll enjoy it! anyways keep us posted on the kegger details
PMQ's....wow, haven't heard that in a while...

Last PMQ's I lived in were on CFB Penhold....base that closed down in the mid 90's. Just outside of Red Deer, Alberta...

I was a Base Brat!! :lol:
Some can be in pretty good shape... DND / CF sold off most of their PMQs to the City of North Bay when 22 Wing left town. We were actually looking at a 3 bedroom semi ex-PMQ as a counterpart to the semi we bought in August.

They are rather large, but the ghettofaction they were left in can only be disguised so much. Massive wiring upgrades needed, complete basement overhauls, completely redone landscaping... ick.

I've seen the on-base quarters, they appear to be in much better shape than the stuff the city got.
Great news!

ConGrats!
Great news! Best of luck to you :cool:

NefCanuck