FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Ass Ugly Navigator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just in case you were fortunate enough not to witness this disaster yet....

SOURCE: EDMUNDS.com

Grillz: 2007 Lincoln Navigator Gets Aggressive Overhaul

Date posted: 02-08-2006

DEARBORN, Mich.
— Lincoln takes the wraps off its redesigned Lincoln Navigator SUV at the Chicago auto show on Wednesday, showing off a new look and a "Navigator L" model that is 14.7 inches longer than the regular version and gives buyers an additional 25 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the third-row seat.

The '07 Lincoln has a more in-your-face chrome grille, a "powerdome" hood, optional 20-inch chrome wheels, new wing-shaped taillamps, and new body-side trim integrated into the lower cladding. In the cabin, Lincoln says second-row seats now feature a one-hand fold-and-tumble operation for access to the third row.

Major chassis enhancements include larger brakes, a stiffer frame, and an all-new independent rear suspension. The powertrain, a 5.4-liter V8 mated to a standard six-speed automatic transmission that generates 300 horsepower and 365 pound-feet of torque, is carried over from the previous model.

What this means to you: If you're after a big ride and more bling, you're going to get it with the redesigned Lincoln Navigator.

[Image: 0207ncoln.navigator.1.500.jpg]
Lincoln's next Navigator goes for the bling. You can buy one starting in late summer, the company tells IL.

[Image: 0207ncoln.navigator.3.500.jpg]
The 2007 Lincoln Navigator is bolder, if that is possible, than the current model. Check out that in-your-face grille.

[Image: 0207ncoln.navigator.2.500.jpg]
Not just a pretty face: The 2007 Lincoln Navigator has an all-new independent rear suspension, larger brakes, and a stiffer frame.

[Image: 0207ncoln.navigator.4.500.jpg]

LINK: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/New...d=109221#2
that front grill is not aggresive not in your face. The lines are too soft for any of that! it just looks goofy and not very well thought out. The ass end looks nice even though they reused the tail lights and the interior looks nice too, I like the lines on the dash and gauges but umm with a very square feeling look why oh why did they put in a round knob to the left of the wheel? it's just out of place and doesn't flow. That interior is more aggresive and in your face than the front end is.
I hate the square gauges ... looks ass behind a round steering wheel. The way this thing is designed they probably considered a square steering wheel. I hate SUVs anyway so my opinion doesn't really matter -- but this "new" Navigator is tragic - especially the rear light treatment so much like the Zephyr - except it looks not too bad on the Zephyr.
ill take the new escalade, kthx!!!
The grill killed it....... completely!!!!
S2,Feb 8 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:The grill killed it....... completely!!!!
[right][snapback]169145[/snapback][/right]

I agree 100%, what happend to the waterfall grill style thats on them now????

THE OLD GRILL WAS WAY BETTER IMO
Aside from the extra chrome in the front bumper (What? It already wasn't expensive enough to have a parking lot ding? <_< ) it isn't that bad a redesign. The guage cluster harkens back to the seventies maybe but does everything have to be round these days? I think it makes it look unique in a sea of "me too" competitors.

Of course having said that I'd never buy one, I'd need a stepladder or an assistant to get in an out of the thing without wrecking my knee totally :ph34r:

NefCanuck
This upcoming grill, is the OLD GRILL! :lol: They're trying to make a comeback with their old style... but I do agree, the newer style is much nicer. The only problem, with all that chrome Ford is using on their family cars now (Fusion in general) the Lincoln's need to stand out from the crowd. This is one way of doing it. I just hope that the current style won't die off, cause this 'newer' style isn't going to flow well with the younger market.
the interior is a big happy face.*puke*
ZX5focused,Feb 8 2006, 02:17 PM Wrote:ill take the new escalade, kthx!!!
[right][snapback]169143[/snapback][/right]
New Escalade
ZX5focused,Feb 8 2006, 10:19 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Feb 8 2006, 02:17 PM Wrote:ill take the new escalade, kthx!!!
[right][snapback]169143[/snapback][/right]
New Escalade
[right][snapback]169179[/snapback][/right]

not too bad, MUCH MUCH better than the navigaytor
There have been a few photochops out there that make it look alot better.
[Image: 5909ncolnnavigatorgood4oe.jpg]
[Image: thedrewbertncoln7ud.png]
[Image: 7073ncoln25zi.jpg]
Here is one with the mkx grill
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jvanleuvan/d...scd.jpg&.src=ph

Here's one from the autoshow
[Image: Peter-Horbury-with-Navi-resized.JPG]
Kool_ZX3,Feb 8 2006, 07:56 PM Wrote:There have been a few photochops out there that make it look alot better.
[Image: 5909ncolnnavigatorgood4oe.jpg]
that one looks good
maybe raise the grill a little higher

im still not sure i like the headlights
More pics
[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 5.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
I think that new Escalade looks no different than it's predecessors... besides from new rims and a shinier front end, it's still a Chevy truck, and in the truck world especially, I'd probably never waste my money on anything but a Ford.
euro_zx5,Feb 9 2006, 08:11 AM Wrote:I'd probably never waste my money on anything but a Ford.
[right][snapback]169254[/snapback][/right]

Ding Ding Ding...

fords are a waste of money :lol:
[Image: 7073ncoln25zi.jpg]

My favorite of the chops, I guess there is such a thing as too much chrome.
scoobasteve,Feb 9 2006, 08:43 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Feb 9 2006, 08:11 AM Wrote:I'd probably never waste my money on anything but a Ford.
[right][snapback]169254[/snapback][/right]

Ding Ding Ding...

fords are a waste of money :lol:
[right][snapback]169268[/snapback][/right]

Then don't buy them. Your the one that bought the Focus, right? No one forced you to buy it.

And to clarify, I said I wouldn't waste my money, for a truck especially, on ANYTHING BUT A FORD. As in, I would only purchase a Ford. :twak:
yeah I'm not a fan of that front end grille, not to mention the crome around the rear lights, as the Zypher dose not have that.

Although I like the Infinity style of headlights, but the fogs, more so for the money look lacking at best.

I have to admit the interior looks cheesey I hate the dials, the wood looks too fake, and not to mention the really square look of the seats looks even worse.
That interior looks... eerie. Like "inside of an alien spaceship" eerie.

And the outside has too much chrome, especially in the grille. Drive two blocks, stop and clean grille. Drive 2 blocks, stop and clean grille. Repeat all the way to grandma's house.