FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Test Drive Of 2007 Dodge Caliber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole, the ONLY thing that I liked about it is that you could fit 4 beers in the glove box, perfect for offering the cop one if he will let you off a ticket.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/07caliber.htm

[Image: 07caliber_2.jpg]
[Image: 07caliber_9.jpg]
^^^BEER GOES IN HERE!^^^^
i'd take the SRT version....

300hp 260 torque. AWD!
yeah more or less these things were more or less put together out of the parts bins, like the Durango a few years ago when they wanted another car on the market without having a clue on what way to design it.
scoobasteve,Feb 7 2006, 02:38 PM Wrote:i'd take the SRT version....

300hp 260 torque. AWD!
[right][snapback]168938[/snapback][/right]

a 4 cylinder pushed to the limits to haul an overweight SUV.... yay
Haha, it'll still be faster than your focus.
scoobasteve,Feb 7 2006, 03:01 PM Wrote:Haha, it'll still be faster than your focus.
[right][snapback]168946[/snapback][/right]

unfortunately, you're right.

the AWD version is 3308 lbs
focus = 2699 lb

the focus would need about 244 HP to keep up to the power/weight ratio of the Caliber SRT-4

I assumed that since it looked like an SUV, it must be as heavy as one, it ain't.
ICK. Yet another un-needed piece of crap.

I'll stick with the Focus.
I like it, hope they get to the dealers soon.
darkpuppet,Feb 7 2006, 02:10 PM Wrote:I assumed that since it looked like an SUV, it must be as heavy as one, it ain't.
[right][snapback]168952[/snapback][/right]

It's made with plastic, rubber, aluminium and paper maché.
Euro Ford Fan,Feb 7 2006, 03:29 PM Wrote:I like it, hope they get to the dealers soon.
[right][snapback]168958[/snapback][/right]

haven't you bought enough cars this year?
darkpuppet,Feb 7 2006, 03:10 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Feb 7 2006, 03:01 PM Wrote:Haha, it'll still be faster than your focus.
[right][snapback]168946[/snapback][/right]

unfortunately, you're right.

the AWD version is 3308 lbs
focus = 2699 lb

the focus would need about 244 HP to keep up to the power/weight ratio of the Caliber SRT-4

I assumed that since it looked like an SUV, it must be as heavy as one, it ain't.
[right][snapback]168952[/snapback][/right]

The scary thing is the 5 door svt is just shy of 2900 lb... with about half the hp
That thing is supposed to make people forget the biodegradable car that was the Neon/SX2.0? Maybe it will if only because the thing is so stupifyingly UGLY!

I'm sorry but it has no flow, looks about as charming as a brick to the face, hell, it makes the Toyota Prius look handsome in comparision :puke:

As to the weight of the Focus, did it go on a weight reduction plan or something for 05+? Listed weight is approx 2300lbs :blink:

NefCanuck
now if it keeps the beer cold, i'll put it in the maybe pile.
mmmm...glove-box beer.

I dont mind it..mind YOU, i havent test drove one yet.
Well, it doesn't change the Dodge look much, does it?

Besides, that beer holder is great for people against drinking and driving... i'm sure there will be a problem with that!
uh....

those are bottles of water...
Goes nicely along with Dodge's POS looking s***ass vehicle line. No thanks, I wouldn't even take one for free unless I could sell it ASAP.

Gross....
scoobasteve,Feb 8 2006, 04:25 PM Wrote:uh....

[right][snapback]169100[/snapback][/right]

Gin? Vodka?
FociPhil,Feb 8 2006, 02:07 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Feb 8 2006, 04:25 PM Wrote:uh....

[right][snapback]169100[/snapback][/right]

Gin? Vodka?
[right][snapback]169139[/snapback][/right]

Haha, only if.... Imagine getting a bottle of vodka with a sport cap. So convenient. :lol:
Man, you could make a fortune on that!!

"For the booze-hound on the go."

Patent pending FociPhil!
Pages: 1 2