FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Gas Mileage Has Definitely Improved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well... I decided to drive the SPI like a normal human being, and lo and behold I've got 150Kms on not quite 3/8ths of a tank in the city. With mods. In the winter. A very cold-ass winter at that right now.

I seriously can't wait to flash it and then have some real fun in the summer :)
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 7 2006, 11:44 AM Wrote:Well... I decided to drive the SPI like a normal human being, and lo and behold I've got 150Kms on not quite 3/8ths of a tank in the city. With mods. In the winter. A very cold-ass winter at that right now.

I seriously can't wait to flash it and then have some real fun in the summer :)
[right][snapback]168887[/snapback][/right]

Nice, I still can't get anyone at Ford to admit that there's something off with the winter mileage on My '05 Focus. I mean 2/100km worse for the same amount of driving? Something ain't right there <_<

NefCanuck
ive been getting at best 300km a tank lately...which sucks big time
thats how its supposed to be mang...

I lose 80 - 120k per tank in the winter..

My acclaim. on average would lose 150-200 when it was cold
FociPhil,Feb 7 2006, 12:47 PM Wrote:ive been getting at best 300km a tank lately...which sucks big time
[right][snapback]168922[/snapback][/right]

Your not the only, good thing I can get premium at the price of regular or this thing would be killing me! Fack, I bought a 4 cyl. for economy!!!!!
SVT ZX3,Feb 7 2006, 02:58 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Feb 7 2006, 12:47 PM Wrote:ive been getting at best 300km a tank lately...which sucks big time

Your not the only, good thing I can get premium at the price of regular or this thing would be killing me! Fack, I bought a 4 cyl. for economy!!!!!
[right][snapback]168929[/snapback][/right]

how the hell did you mange that ? :huh: Rez gas ? :huh:
SVT ZX3,Feb 7 2006, 01:58 PM Wrote:

You bought an SVT for economy! Tell you what, swap you. :lol:
Frost__2001,Feb 7 2006, 02:38 PM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Feb 7 2006, 02:58 PM Wrote:

how the hell did you mange that ? :huh: Rez gas ? :huh:
[right][snapback]168939[/snapback][/right]

Actually he gets it much cheaper, just don't light a match near him. :lol:
TonyDee,Feb 7 2006, 03:29 PM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Feb 7 2006, 01:58 PM Wrote:

You bought an SVT for economy! Tell you what, swap you. :lol:
[right][snapback]168979[/snapback][/right]

LOL, nice try Tony, how far are you going on a tank with that ATX?
i've actually been getting better gas milage than i have during summer months, i'm avg 27mpg city driving, and gettting around 550kms when the low gas light goes on. it's been really weird, if it snows the mileage goes even higher. i think my custom tune is working wonders.
SLIP STREAM SVT,Feb 9 2006, 10:30 PM Wrote:i've actually been getting better gas milage than i have during summer months, i'm avg 27mpg city driving, and gettting around 550kms when the low gas light goes on.  it's been really weird, if it snows the mileage goes even higher.  i think my custom tune is working wonders.
[right][snapback]169540[/snapback][/right]

I'm suspecting that you have bad alignment, therefore causing you to run into less resistance when it's snowing.
my car actrually runs pretty strait when the wheel is released unless there is major superelevation causing it to turn naturally. and my tires are wearing nice and flat and not wearing quick at all.
Well something ain't right. You aren't supposed to get better mileage in the winter... unless you live in Texas.