FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Todays Rant: Aeron Chairs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gawd damn for some reason someone at my company thought it would be a good idea to drop 50,000/floor(8 floors) and buy everybody aeron chairs.

I'm not sure if anybody here has these pieces of modern junk at work but if you have a chance to avoid one, I would do so. I am sitting on my file cabinet with a damn pillow rebelling the stupid aeron chairs...since 1 day and a bit caused me to have back pain. I myself would have rather had the $800 in my pocket that these chairs cost.

[Image: chair.gif]

My review:
CONS:
* The arms are not adjustable (because they got the cheap chair....$800...cheap version...NICE)
* The air flow design of the seat causes your farts not to be contained, and generally make larger noises...damn damn..I so enjoyed farting at work.
* This same material causes your ass to constantly feel cold, and farts do not warm it up.
* It feels like someone is sticking their elbow in your back
* You can't lock it from tipping back, several large guys always tip back regardless of the tension setting.
* The hard edges on the seat cut off circulation to my legs

PROS:
* Looks cool I guess
* Its better than no chair

Consulsion: This chair sucks, not sure how ergonomic these things are because I have upper back and neck pain right now when I never had this before......
I sat on one at the Queens Quay location, and I have to say I loved them.

Arms were adjustable, lumbar support was adjustable, I don't recall it ever tipping back on me (and I usually lock all my chairs upright), and my ass never got sweaty or smelly no matter how poorly the airconditioning worked in the summer time.

I loved my aeron. and then they moved us to 50 eglinton, and I sat in the s**t chairs they have there, and that was the 1st time I ever put my back out.

If you want, I'll bring my office chair I have at home here (I'll even febreeze it), and you can swap your aeron for my office chair.

whatdya say?
aerons are sweet. there is a catch though. they are not designed to be puchased en mass. There are multiple pan and back sizing depending on your height/weight. There was one floating around the office that I tried and it was horrid, but thats because it was designed for someone shorter than I. Our IT guy loves it, but hes shorter than me.

Have a gander at the chart at http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Produc...c440-p8,00.html which shows the sizing.
I got a B, not sure if an A would be any better. Sadly theres no way out of these things those of use that were sly enough to hide our old chairs got found out and our secret hiding locations raided :(

Like I said we got the cheap model, no adjustmet except for height and recline.

The only way to get rid of it is to somehow break it, unfortunatly it feels pretty sturdy.
it's unfortunate that the company cheaped out on you... if they have an ergonomics organization, I would complain to them.
I don't mind them, everytime I go to my godmother's place and work on her computer, I take a seat in one of those. Just that the retail price throws me off.
I sit on my wife. She's more confortable then a chair.
jcarle,Feb 7 2006, 11:24 AM Wrote:I sit on my wife. She's more confortable then a chair.
[right][snapback]168873[/snapback][/right]
:postpics:
meford4u,Feb 7 2006, 11:26 AM Wrote:
jcarle,Feb 7 2006, 11:24 AM Wrote:I sit on my wife. She's more confortable then a chair.
[right][snapback]168873[/snapback][/right]
:postpics:
[right][snapback]168876[/snapback][/right]

just when I thought I knew who the classiest person on this site was....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah she's quite comfortable... :D
I got a sweet chair from my bosses when I got back from the DR last summer via Grand and Toy. Let me see if I can find out what the model is, Kev.
Those are sweet chairs. I don't know why you would want to hold in your farts? do you secretly enjoy smelling them?? I know everyone enjoys their own brand but still let it out and you don't have to lift a cheek or anything. :)

Since you say your back is now hurting you, maybe it was out of whack before and now the chair is putting it back in line... give it some time don't slouch sit up straight son.

We have sweet chairs here too they're called LEAP chairs made by global I think? they have more adjustments then you can shake a stick at
our chairs here are absoloutley terrible... theyre these maroon coloured POS chairs with 1 adjustment.

It stylishly matches our buildings decor too... brown carpet. maroon chairs/filing cabinets. grey desks with green cubicle walls.

STYLIN'

I'd kill for one of those aeron chairs.
Ouch, not fun when you have a chair that's literally a pain in the back. As someone else suggested, complain to whatever department was responsible for those chairs, in writing would be best.

I've beaten my office chair and home computing chair into the perfect shape for my twisted back, but oi, if I have to use a different chair anywhere else, I'm in agony after 30 minutes or so :(

Thank god the Focus has leather seats, enough give im 'em to conform nicely :)

NefCanuck
nass,Feb 7 2006, 04:45 PM Wrote:We have sweet chairs here too they're called LEAP chairs made by global I think? they have more adjustments then you can shake a stick at

We've got LEAPs here. Not nearly as nice as aerons I dont think.

The Ultimate COMPUTER DESK THINGY
http://www.mypce.com/

Or A really Cool chair just by itself

http://www.officedesigns.com/product-exec/...Freedom%20Chair
I'm with you Kevin.

We rock those at our place too. The cubicle people get cushy chairs and we poor sobs in offices get those.

Absolute garbage....just like my Focus.
guess my ass is just better suited to the aeron...

someone please trade me chairs
Grand & Toy 400 Series Leather/Mock Leather High-Back Mesh Fabric Tilter

[Image: 18375.jpg]

Super-comfy... exactly what my back ordered. I spend hours in this thing with 2 LCDs going... if they weren't a tad up there I'd get two for home.

Income tax is coming... hmm...
Don't complain.. i have to stand at a till for 8 hours at work.. then i have to run out to pump gas.... i can't even pass gas, because you know the secound u go to take a s*** or pee some one has to fly in the store... and am the only worker...so i have to old what ever crap or pee or fart i have or else some one comes in and i have to to s***ty job.... well ok enough bathroom talk from me.

none the less be happy u got a chair... the best we got is a stool. and i can't use it because it's only for the phone... and the "all mighty phone" is for store use only!!!!.

stupid crappy job... am going to work at sarcan. at least there they give u gloves and retard people to talk to.
Pages: 1 2