FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Teacher Uses Racial Epithet Toward Student
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Teacher uses racial epithet toward student

Valley High teacher Paul Dawson earns 10-day suspension for incident, but impact is far-reaching

Theres even a Video link..
Video
What I DONT agree on is that they emphasize the achievements of the student to make him look like a goodstudent/innocent. You always hear crap like honour roll student.. a straight A student. If hes such an angel, why did the teacher say he and the other kids talk like that in class? and I DO agree the teacher being suspended is considered a punishment for his actions.
That's bulls***. The teacher just repeated a word that is used ALL the time. It has to do with the teacher's skin colour. If this teacher was black then the the kid would just take it in stride but because the teacher's white he doesn't get to say it. I wonder if a black teacher said cracker or something derogatory towards a white kid, we wouldn't even hear about it. This reverse racism is BULLs***!
People it's just another word. Getting up in a pissy fit only empowers the one using it and the word itself. Taken out of context bro is not a " bad word " if it was such a rasist term why do blacks commonly call each other by it? are they being rasist against each other? If you really pick it apart and think about it, any non black person using this word is being discriminated against for using it since we can't and they can.

Words are words. Words never killed anyone. Words never saved anyone. Words are just a series of letters put together.

My background is Portuguese/Brasilian. in school I was called pork and cheese, pork chop etc. I didn't get upset or angry cause it's just a name/word. If I got upset I only fueled the fire the person saying needed. I never gave a rats ass and they stopped saying it.
Myself being Italian you think I never heard Whop before. Hell I love it when people call me that. I love when they make Italian jokes because most of them are so true. A stereotype is funny because it's true.
I don't know if am a bad person or not, but i find "rascist" jokes to be great. I don't enjoy hate jokes like like " what do u call a bus full blacks flying off a cliff,... a good start" that's just hate... i enjoy mean jokes like.. "why aren't there any mexicans on start trek,.. because they don't work in the future ethier" thoses kinda jokes are funny. well at least i find. And if a kid is so offended by being called nigga,niggaH! or bro. then well.. this honkey is surprised.
ROFL this line just cracked me up!!!
"I put the 'h' on the end to emphasize it's n****hhhh"
I think that the U.S. and Canada have gone way too far in the way of political correctness. Me I'm 1st gen Canadian, I'm Scots Irish, a full blown member of the MICKey mouse club as my ma 'n pa would say. A good friend of mine's Italian, we see eachother, I call him a greasy whop, he calls me a drunk mick, big deal. I live in a predominantly east Indian area, they hate being called Indo Canadian. I don't know what the big freakin deal is with people these days. Get over it, "we's all just a bunch o' nigga's, spic's, whop's, banana's, 'n white trash ain't we?" The problem is when someone regards someone as a lesser person because of the color of skin or where they come from. It all gets pretty tiresome.
wait til you get your grade in my class.............nigga :lol:
meford4u,Feb 5 2006, 02:59 AM Wrote:wait til you get your grade in my class.............nigga :lol:
[right][snapback]168497[/snapback][/right]
It is funny you should post this. This story is from my city right now. Its plastered all over the news and has started a rather large racial debate now. I choose to withold my opinons of the matter though.
He returned the wording... it's nothing. NOTHING.

Yet another reason I left Toronto - reverse racism as noted above. The stupid bitch kid wants his teacher canned... for saying something back that he said to the teacher in the first place.

It's BS. Hardcore BS.

Maybe I'll explain a tad for those that care:

I went to school in the west end of Toronto - Jane / Lawrence area. Second only to Scarberia for "ethnic multiculturalism". :rolleyes: I was in a severe minority, and yet some of my best friends were black and colour wasn't an issue.

I'd get called a skinny white cracker. I'd call him a pansy ass... I won't use the word for fear of suspension of my account. :ph34r:

Every iteration of the word... used in day to day conversations. It was give and take. Truth be told, a group of them almost jumped me one day because they didn't know Roan and I were friends, and I called him that famous word.

But the real racism? Have to switch to General Math cause both Advanced Maths teachers were of a certain faith that Israel loves and I have a German last name.
The student envolved wants the teacher fired and pointed to the school's "no tolerance" policy about racism, in which case, the kid would also be expelled for using the same word. The whole black community here is in an uprise, and a local minority leader named Christopher 2X is running a campaign to rid the schools of racism. It is really quite rediculous. If you don't want to be called something, don't call other people it.
I thought blacks calling eacher N's was their way of "taking back" the word just like gays "took back" the word queer, which used to be an insult.

Gays and staright people call gays "queer" all the time now but it is no longer considered insulting in fact the have TV shows featuring the word queer.

If it is all about taking back the N word why should anyone be surprised it has re-entered the vernacular again and people of all colours use it as slang? Just look at Tokyo Breakfast nigga.
I laughed when the teacher started using it in examples. "can you give a nigga a pencil??"..."Nigga Please!" BAHAHAHAHA

The grades and boy scout status, football player, whatever, i knew kids like that in school that boosted cars and did coke, and all had the same acheivments.

I agree with Andrew on his points above.

Ive had black friends call me nigga, and ive said it to black friends and on occasion white friends. Mind you i would never say it to total strangers or in public. And they can call me Honkey or cracker, whatever...

If the word Nigga and even bro can pop up every 2 seconds on much music / MTV .. stuff like this should never happen.

If I was him I would have gotten every single rap clip where they used those words in 'yo dude/homeboy' ways and just gone back at the industry with a lawsuit ....

Might as well since its the states.
haha, that teacher was such a redneck cracka!
wondah bread yO!!
scoobasteve,Feb 6 2006, 03:10 PM Wrote:haha, that teacher was such a redneck cracka!
[right][snapback]168727[/snapback][/right]

You tell 'em SnoMan!

Where's my malt liquor bitch?
Can i be sN0fL4k3!?!?!

RESPECT
FociPhil,Feb 6 2006, 02:34 PM Wrote:wondah bread yO!!
[right][snapback]168735[/snapback][/right]
Yo Yo Wondah bread the chrome wrapper YO home slice.

Pages: 1 2