FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gt-r Wagon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sort of... lol

Link
GTR wagon is a cool car if you're a grandma who wants to make 11 second pass.
480BHP in a wagon that would make Volvo V70Rs run and hide? Epic. Love it.
Crap lol
For a super car I'm really not impressed with this thing at all. Now a TVR is something to go awwww about.
This thing has such cheap interior aside from the satnav and this wagon version is just plan out of left field like that wagon lancer. Never sell with big numbers.
My 2 cents
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 28 2009, 07:44 AM Wrote:480BHP in a wagon that would make Volvo V70Rs run and hide? Epic. Love it.
[right][snapback]291811[/snapback][/right]

My thoghts as well, though I don't think there is a market for 100G wagons unless they are made by MB.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/06..._take_road_test
11 second parts car?
That is so "me"
That'd be funny as hell to show up in at Cayuga, unload the thing, strap on the helmet, go make a pass and have Mustangs going "OMGWTFBBQ?" :lol:

NefCanuck
Scorcher000,Jul 28 2009, 08:31 AM Wrote:Crap lol
For a super car I'm really not impressed with this thing at all. Now a TVR is something to go awwww about.
This thing has such cheap interior aside from the satnav and this wagon version is just plan out of left field like that wagon lancer. Never sell with big numbers.
My 2 cents
[right][snapback]291812[/snapback][/right]

You don't buy it so it can wipe your ass for you like a DTS or a MB S-class bib-mobile. You drive it to drift it and love it. It's has a RB26DETT in it - one of the godliest motors on the planet.

Wait till the snow falls, go find a parking lot, get up to 40-50 clicks, and e-brake drift around a light standard or something. Nice and close, don't be a pussy. Now imagine doing that at twice the speed in that wagon, because it can. All. Day. Long. And without the snow.

f*** the interior, I wanna scare the s*** out of old people and kids. If you want an interior, get on Pimp My Ride.
This is the base for the car,
[Image: stagea-m35.JPG]

Very Volvo XC70 on the overall body and dare I say Ford Focus wagon (rip), the doors and back window are very similar in shape (possibly from the same parts bin.).

And ya, I'd drive it.
[Image: 2009-gtr-eng-nissan-fe-500-1.jpg]

That won't be anywhere near a 11 Sec Pass I bet its fwd to boot. Now if he completes the swap under the hood then I'll show a lil respect.
ZX3_2NV,Jul 28 2009, 11:47 AM Wrote:[Image: 2009-gtr-eng-nissan-fe-500-1.jpg]

That won't be anywhere near a 11 Sec Pass I bet its fwd to boot. Now if he completes the swap under the hood then I'll show a lil respect.
[right][snapback]291835[/snapback][/right]

obviosly that plain V6 won't go near 11's ......lucky to hit low 15's
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 28 2009, 04:28 PM Wrote:You don't buy it so it can wipe your ass for you like a DTS or a MB S-class bib-mobile. You drive it to drift it and love it. It's has a RB26DETT in it - one of the godliest motors on the planet.
[right][snapback]291830[/snapback][/right]

NOS what are you talking about, that car has a VQ series engine in it and not an RB. The VQ engine in a GTR is dramatically different from the pictures. And it most likely is a RWD car.
Regardless... this is amazing. I've always been into the idea of a bagged taurus wagon tucking 22's with a killer stereo.

Although a killer looking ride, I doubt it could touch the Volvo R...
Ahh wow, my bad. I read that it had the GT-R engine. I missed the engine shot of the VQ35. Still, it's a f***ing Nissan. If you want posh, go sleep with David Beckham's wife.
Scorcher000,Jul 28 2009, 08:31 AM Wrote:Crap lol
My 2 cents
[right][snapback]291812[/snapback][/right]
John ... you'd change your mind in a big hurry if you ever have the chance to actually be in one at speed.

One of the instructors at Calabogie has a red one (she was also at Watkins Glen - you can see the pics at tracktime photos.com) and I got a ride during one of the instructors' run.

I can assure you there is nothing cheap about the interior ... but I can also assure you that even if there was you wouldn't notice it at 260 kph and still being shoved back into the seat as it continues to accelerate.

On the track this car is mind-blowing ... and that's completely stock with stock rubber. The whole point of this car is to go really, really fast - and to do it safely and comfortably. In that regard there's not much on the road today that does this as well as the GT-R.
Im jelious.....i kinda want to get a ride in one of those still
id drive it :D
NikiterZTS,Jul 29 2009, 11:12 AM Wrote:Im jelious.....i kinda want to get a ride in one of those still
[right][snapback]291906[/snapback][/right]

Come out to the BMW Trillium Club event at Mosport on the weekend of Sep 11th ... she's going to be there and who knows she might be assigned as your instructor.

Having said that - there's tons of amazing cars driven by the instructors. My instructor at Calabogie (and previously at Mosport) was Ian Maccallum who has a full race prepped Corvette (roughly 600 hp) and it is a monster.