FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: #18 Baby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.meadowsofaberfoyle.com/siteplan.html

we have picked lot 18 for those who care and enjoy pond hockey.

Tourney to follow
nice ... whens move in day?

you've got your own putting green to .. all you need is a shuffleboard area and your ready for retirement

only mins from Springfield GC
I am currently looking for high rise pants and a white belt as we speak.

No moving until Dec 07 at the earliest right now.
meford4u,Feb 3 2006, 06:15 PM Wrote:I am currently looking for high rise pants and a white belt as we speak.
[right][snapback]168329[/snapback][/right]
Go Sans-a-belt ... you'll fit right in when you start wintering in Florida.

Looks to be a gorgeous lot / view -- did they market this as an "adult lifestyle" neighbourhood -- 'cause judging from the floorplans it doesn't look like you'll be saddled with too many neighbour kids.

Does your model come with a deck -- or have you started planning your deck building bbq already.
ZTWsquared,Feb 3 2006, 05:27 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 3 2006, 06:15 PM Wrote:I am currently looking for high rise pants and a white belt as we speak.

Looks to be a gorgeous lot / view -- did they market this as an "adult lifestyle" neighbourhood -- 'cause judging from the floorplans it doesn't look like you'll be saddled with too many neighbour kids.

Does your model come with a deck -- or have you started planning your deck building bbq already.
[right][snapback]168331[/snapback][/right]

Best lot on the Lake. They don't show all the trees that block eveyone's view but ours.

It is an adult lifestyle community. No cutting my own lawn unless I want to :lol:

And yes I get that new fangled plastic wood deck out the back. I think the builder has said 12' X 15' or something to that effect.

Our house has been slated to be 1 of 3 model homes.

If any of you go there to check it out when it is finally built, probably August or so, make sure your aim is true when you use the crapper!
did you have your choice of lot? I would have chosen several lots before that one [mostly die to size] ie: 23, 24, 25

your lot looks like it has a fair amount of frontage [I'm guessing ~50'-55'] but lacks in the back [guessing ~35-40'] depth around 120' i'm assuming isn't bad .....

buying new houses is fun....what models do you have to choose from?
meford4u,Feb 3 2006, 10:32 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Feb 3 2006, 05:27 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]168331[/snapback][/right]

Best lot on the Lake. They don't show all the trees that block eveyone's view but ours.

It is an adult lifestyle community. No cutting my own lawn unless I want to :lol:

And yes I get that new fangled plastic wood deck out the back. I think the builder has said 12' X 15' or something to that effect.

Our house has been slated to be 1 of 3 model homes.

If any of you go there to check it out when it is finally built, probably August or so, make sure your aim is true when you use the crapper!
[right][snapback]168332[/snapback][/right]

I always sit down :ph34r:

Focused,Feb 3 2006, 06:37 PM Wrote:did you have your choice of lot?  I would have chosen several lots before that one [mostly die to size] ie: 23, 24, 25

your lot looks like it has a fair amount of frontage [I'm guessing ~50'-55'] but lacks in the back [guessing ~35-40'] depth around 120' i'm assuming isn't bad .....

buying new houses is fun....what models do you have to choose from?
[right][snapback]168346[/snapback][/right]

The lot is the largest frontage at 75' X 165'. Yep, it's big. And it narrows at the rear of the lot to 62'

We went out to the field and looked at 23,24 and 25. They didn't have the nice view of the lake that the site plan shows. All the green area to the right of Mill pond is bullrushes and it's low enough at ground level that you see almost nothing of the pond.

The one lot, I believe 24, was taken by the builder for future sale. The lot almost is 125' wide at the rear of the lot.

We could choose from any model. There was no restriction. We picked the Whitehollow trail at 1625 sq ft but with the front elevation similar to the Aberfoyle.
Done and done.

We signed the papers today.

Move in date is sooner than I expected, but that can change.
As of right now it's set for July 6th, 2007.

I jammed the builder hard for upgrades. Well, atleast I want to believe I did.

Free basement finished and exterior landscaping (including interlocking driveway) All in all it would have cost me 62k from the builder for free.

Now what he wants me to pay for is another story.

Congrats on the purchase!!!

So BBQ/Meet July 21st??
ZX3guy2000,Feb 15 2006, 10:19 PM Wrote:So BBQ/Meet July 21st??
[right][snapback]170769[/snapback][/right]

21st?

come on the 6th and help me move
meford4u,Feb 16 2006, 03:21 AM Wrote:

21st?

[right][snapback]170770[/snapback][/right]

you'll have to ask nice though
nass,Feb 15 2006, 10:26 PM Wrote:

21st?

[right][snapback]170771[/snapback][/right]

why

i hired movers and plan on drinking beer in a lounge chair

I figured I could get all of you out of the house and away from the wife doing chores as your busy helping me "move"

meford4u,Feb 15 2006, 11:33 PM Wrote:

21st?

why

I figured I could get all of you out of the house and away from the wife doing chores as your busy helping me "move"
[right][snapback]170772[/snapback][/right]

I thought I had dibs on the other folding chair for moving day.

We had this discussion.
We can talk about how good the SVT really is.
meford4u,Feb 15 2006, 09:56 PM Wrote:Done and done.

We signed the papers today.

Move in date is sooner than I expected, but that can change.
As of right now it's set for July 6th, 2007.

I jammed the builder hard for upgrades.  Well, atleast I want to believe I did.

Free basement finished and exterior landscaping (including interlocking driveway)  All in all it would have cost me 62k from the builder for free.

Now what he wants me to pay for is another story.
[right][snapback]170768[/snapback][/right]

Nice deal making there ;) I like the look of interlocking brick on a driveway but its gonna be fun trying to keep the weeds from getting a hold in there and keeping an eye on the brickwork as it settles.

NefCanuck
I don't like interlock on driveways, TBH, but good call on the finished basement. Finished basement > do it sometime... maybe... when I get around to it.
meford4u,Feb 16 2006, 03:33 AM Wrote:

21st?

why

[right][snapback]170772[/snapback][/right]

I am up for it, letme know the day and time. I make the best supervisor!
Anthony, plenty of chairs to go around. You have first pic of chairs.

Interlock. It is done a little differently now then when they used to do it even 5 years ago. No more weed issues. Just keeping the boy and his oil spills off the driveway.

We just discussed today that there will be a huge party at the house within 30 days of move in.
can I have second pic of chairs? I'll bring beer...
darkpuppet,Feb 16 2006, 06:18 PM Wrote:can I have second pic of chairs?  I'll bring beer...
[right][snapback]170924[/snapback][/right]

anyone can come, even you.

Do I have to make a sign up sheet? Maybe we can get 20+guys to show up and get Mitch to sponsor the event? :lol:
Pages: 1 2