FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone From Here Get Busted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 28 2009, 11:40 AM Wrote:I'd fight it for sure.  [right][snapback]291824[/snapback][/right]

My money is that you will lose, just like everyone around here is losing.

The concensus on the ottawa boards is just pay the tciket and take it easy on the throttle next time around cops.
Hasn't that always been the unwritten rule? (unless you're a complete moron) After you mod your intake / exhaust, you learn to watch your mirrors 100x more than you used to, even if you used to check them religiously. I always have when driving every single vehicle I've modded over the years.

In smaller towns, cities, you can have a nice dialogue sometimes with the local cops and see if it's going to be a hassle. If you show most that the exhaust is emissions-wise up to par, sometimes they make a note of you and let you be. That happened to me years ago, worked great.

Sometimes it pays to humble yourself a little and do a little smooth talking when the opportunity presents itself.
yeah....sure...that works for small towns, maybe, but not around here.

Even in small ass town Rockland the OPP are coming to the car shows and taking plate numbers.

Were screwed.
On the way to Cayuga track supposevly they now bust people with open filter intakes.
I dunno.. the cops didn't seem to mind the hyundai tooting his blow-off while weaving between traffic on the 416 lastnight.
NikiterZTS,Jul 28 2009, 02:17 PM Wrote:On the way to Cayuga track supposevly they now bust people with open filter intakes.
[right][snapback]291843[/snapback][/right]

which makes sense since the intake IS part of the emmissions equipment.

for events at Cayuga they have gotten crazy..Armdrop they setup camp just before the gates on both sides so you cant sneek thru any backroads (we tried, lol) and when you get to Kohler road you think "Hey, no cops!! wooo" then 2 mins later BAM you're done. They bring MTO in the caged parkinglot/building on the left side and were ripping peoples cars apart and had on-site e-test also. brutal! heres my version of their check on that day, its just after 8am in the morning on a Sunday.

-Roll Up, Nice And Quiet-

Officer: How are you today sir?
Me: Good, thanks. How about you?
Officer: Pretty good myself. Where you coming from? (flashlight in my face and his face 10cm away)
Me: Uhh..Home?
Officer: Where are you going?
Me: The track for Armdrop event.
Officer: I see. Have anything to drink?
Me: Its 8 in the morning, so just a coffee...
Officer: OK. (looks at my car) Any modifications to your car?
Me: Nope (lol!)
Officer: Any exhaust mods or NITROUS?
Me: Nope, no nitrous...(never said anything about exhaust :D)
Officer: Ok, have a good day
Me: You too
my srt4 was loud STOCK plus from teh factory it had NO mufflers
DD1,Jul 28 2009, 09:01 PM Wrote:my srt4 was loud STOCK plus from teh factory it had NO mufflers
[right][snapback]291869[/snapback][/right]

this reminds me when my buddy got a ticket for his stock srt4 exhaust lol
cop didn't believe him
obviosly fought it and won
Everyone's modding choices are their own. With that said, I've always said (especially in recent years and after my first lessons with the sedan) mod for STEALTH. Make all the power you want, bring up your brake size, run sticky rubber, whatever. But, when you mod the exterior to the point that most of the rolling population takes direct notice of you, you're screwed.

Or, just wait another 5 years and start claiming the hot rod exception for a modded 2000 Focus.

I LOVE the look of properly-done body kits, don't get me wrong - especially the WRC stuff. But you're perpetually running around with your pants around your ankles if you combine that with a loud exhaust, a loud BoV, a loud intake, sounds system blaring 24/7, neons, etc.

If you want that kind of a look and you want any amount of "survivability" on Ontario's roads of late (as it pertains to cops), buy something aggressive in stock form. Make the cops sweat and lose by default for a change.

Honestly, for the life of me I don't know why they don't pull over more garish rice around here alone - there's definitely enough of it, mostly 88-93 Honda Civic hatches and most years of Neons. Ugly, mis-fitted kits, fart can exhausts, garish rims and over-the-top hood scoops and neons. How they're still on the road is beyond me, especially with the anti-street racing stance of late by the cops at all levels.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 29 2009, 06:27 AM Wrote:But you're perpetually running around with your pants around your ankles if you combine that with a loud exhaust, a loud BoV, a loud intake, sounds system blaring 24/7, neons, etc.

[right][snapback]291881[/snapback][/right]

I'll be doing external waste gate on my up pipe....just cause it sounds too bad ass and it makes girls wet their pants.
NikiterZTS,Jul 29 2009, 08:44 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 29 2009, 06:27 AM Wrote:But you're perpetually running around with your pants around your ankles if you combine that with a loud exhaust, a loud BoV, a loud intake, sounds system blaring 24/7, neons, etc.

[right][snapback]291881[/snapback][/right]

I'll be doing external waste gate on my up pipe....just cause it sounds too bad ass and it makes girls wet their pants.
[right][snapback]291885[/snapback][/right]

Which are you going with?
44mm

im also looking into VF39 turbo
NikiterZTS,Jul 29 2009, 11:13 AM Wrote:44mm

im also looking into VF39 turbo
[right][snapback]291907[/snapback][/right]

Be a man and get ALS already!
Pages: 1 2