FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Test Drove A Svt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i took a 2002 SVT ZX3 for a test drive today. man did i like it. just feels better then my zx5.
it has 38000 km and they want $15995 for it, which i think is a little much. plus the interior isnt in that great of shape.
i was talking to the same guy that sold me my car and he said i coudl probly get $12000 for 2002 Zx5 with 57000 km, fully loaded.

is $16000 too much for that car?
yes, that's too much

I went to Kennedy Ford in Oakville where they have 3 SVT's. I bet you that CanadaSVT car is one of them.

Anyway, they offered me my pick of SVT's for 11,900 all 02 & 03's ranging in mileage from 47-55k with new front tires and new winter tires and rims.

And I spent 3 minutes with the saleman and never drove one of them.

I'll buy one here for you and ship it to you for around $500. Actually, that could be done. But I was just kidding.
lol ok i figure it was too much

i was jsut driving by the dealership and saw it, so i figured to take it for a spin, then i like it. im really hoping to swap the zx5 for an svt with little change in payments.
12000 for an 03zx5... haha sounds like they might be screwin with ya

i dunno mang... trade in on my svt is around 12,500...

try negotiating the svt price first.
A trade in to the dealer goes by book value?

EO.Masiv_tiketzcervinisvt,Feb 1 2006, 07:44 PM Wrote:A trade in to the dealer goes by book value?
[right][snapback]168024[/snapback][/right]
normally i think it does
it also depends if the sales guy wants to make a deal or not.

im having problems finding prices for used svt's in ontario, anyone know any other sites besides Autotrader and Kingcars, that list used vehicles. ive also checked used car inventories for all of the dealers around and nobody has any svts
scoobasteve,Feb 1 2006, 06:11 PM Wrote:12000 for an 03zx5... haha sounds like they might be screwin with ya

i dunno mang...  trade in on my svt is around 12,500...

try negotiating the svt price first.
[right][snapback]168013[/snapback][/right]

But yours is so special Ford wants it back at any cost! :lol:
if i was to trade my car for a SVT, i know my CAI wont work, but the cat back would bolt up right? would it be an improvement or would i have to get the 2.5 mbrp svt exhaust?
also would my OBX 4-2-1 race header be better or worse then the stock svt race header?
and the FS flex?
meford4u,Feb 1 2006, 05:57 PM Wrote:yes, that's too much

I went to Kennedy Ford in Oakville where they have 3 SVT's.  I bet you that CanadaSVT car is one of them.
Nope, I traded mine in at Sheridan Ford in Mississauga because they gave me $2000 more than anywhere else. It sold in a couple of weeks. The wife saw it going down Hurontario past Eglington.

$16000 seems a little steep for a 2002 and with 38km the interior should be mint.
CanadaSVT,Feb 1 2006, 10:45 PM Wrote:$16000 seems a little steep for a 2002 and with 38km  the interior should be mint.
[right][snapback]168066[/snapback][/right]
ya i know, what would be a good starting offer on it? like the lowest it could go?
I know where you can buy a 2000 Lightning with 137k on it for 15grand as is or 15,995 cert and etested.
Way too much for an SVT...There's nothing special to them....

You can do WAY better for that money.
ANTHONYD,Feb 2 2006, 09:36 AM Wrote:Way too much for an SVT...There's nothing special to them....

[right][snapback]168097[/snapback][/right]

The Lightning was the fastest truck in the world until Dodge put there SRT on the market. The lightning is worth it in my opinion.
ANTHONYD,Feb 2 2006, 08:36 AM Wrote:Way too much for an SVT...There's nothing special to them....

i know i can if i go to an older car with more kms. i know it is way overpriced. im in an interesting position, i still live at home and parents still pay part of my insurance, and they dont like me modding my car. if i can jump up to the SVT for a small amount more,($2000-2500) i think itll be worth it. plus i can strip my current car and take over what is universal and sell what isnt. the svt has some parts that are better that i wouldnt have to upgrade either(ie rims,brand new perf tires, suspesnion(kinda), header(unless my obx works). it also has the upgraded stereo system too. and i can go from 4 doors to 2, i barely ever use my back seat.

my car has been giving me tons of problems also and i wouldnt mind jsut dumping it off on a dealer if i can get what i want for it.

this all depends how much they are gonna budge on the price.
If you live in Windsor you should check out whats available in Detroit as far as SVTs go, I would think you would have a pretty easy time importing it here. You could get an 04 Euro Appearance Package SVT that came with Recaro seats and Bi-Xenon head lights for about $12k USD I believe. The SVTF isn't the fastest car ever made, but it is fun little car, especially if you like auto-x. Don't listen to the sedan driving haters, who are just bitter towards their own Focus and its never ending recalls.....
If you guys want to see high priced SVTs check out these listings....

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/result....1&type=province
SVT ZX3,Feb 2 2006, 01:03 PM Wrote:If you guys want to see high priced SVTs check out these listings....

[right][snapback]168115[/snapback][/right]
The one for $26500 is funny, I bought mine in December of 2004, with 9000km on it for $17000, and I have warrenty till 2011. Maybe a little pricy at the time but the car is mint, Ive just hit 20k.

David
ANTHONYD,Feb 2 2006, 08:36 AM Wrote:Way too much for an SVT...There's nothing special to them....

Hey don't hate the SVT's the Word "Special" is in the meaning of SVT
Special Vehical Team.

:twak:
SVT ZX3,Feb 2 2006, 12:03 PM Wrote:If you guys want to see high priced SVTs check out these listings....

[right][snapback]168115[/snapback][/right]

Wow!!! Some are just over priced I bought my SVT Brand new $20.000 with 100km on it.

I thought that was a good deal? Yes, No
Yes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5