FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mosport Ddt Lapping Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to the 2nd event of the ATTS series which is a lapping day at Mosport DDT. Morning was perfect but unfortunately it began to rain at noon and I called it quits. Had someone ride along, gave me some great pointers and really starting going fast (especially compared to the video of my first lap out :) )

Definitely a tougher course than Dunville IMO

Here's some pictures Michelle took of us:
[Image: MosportJuly26091.jpg]
[Image: MosportJuly26099.jpg]
[Image: MosportJuly26098.jpg]

The Mascots:
[Image: MosportJuly26092.jpg]
[Image: MosportJuly260912.jpg]

The aftermath:
[Image: MosportJuly260916.jpg]
rain+me=home

Video (embedding failed): http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/dwa...tJuly260917.flv
Was Brendan there?
Brandon was, with the WRX, but he still has no 2nd gear so he didn't track it. His parts go in this week.

Brendan was not, don't think he does much lapping?
sorry i meant WRX Brandon

if somebody told me about this i would have tag along....but i wouldn't run my car just yet
Gotta get on BuiltNotBought. I wouldn't post something like this on GTAN for obvious reasons.
im on there like 2 times per week maybe.....their smileys don't work damn it!!
Ah the Mosport DDT, made for a car like the Focus IMO, because theyy cleaned up last year at the SVTOA On Track event.

The SVT Focus that attended (a 3dr and a 5dr) made most of the high power Mustangs look silly the way they motored around that track.

I have a feeling they won't be pulling that stuff this year at the big track :lol:

NefCanuck
Yeah for sure. A caged/tubed 5.7L Impala passed me then kept holding me up in the corners for half the track until a straight came....
bluedwardle,Jul 27 2009, 06:52 AM Wrote:Yeah for sure.  A caged/tubed 5.7L Impala passed me then kept holding me up in the corners for half the track until a straight came....
[right][snapback]291743[/snapback][/right]
if that happened , you could've ask the marshall to blue flag him and then try to pass you again whenever he can . But if you press him through the turns , he should let you pass him , just stay close to him . Same s*** happened to me at Cayuga with a Nissan Maxima , I couldn't beat him on the straights , but I was up his butt for the rest of the track for two laps and finally got pissed ,I waived to Kevin and he was black flagged .
NefCanuck,Jul 26 2009, 10:37 PM Wrote:Ah the Mosport DDT, made for a car like the Focus IMO, because theyy cleaned up last year at the SVTOA On Track event.

The SVT Focus that attended (a 3dr and a 5dr) made most of the high power Mustangs look silly the way they motored around that track.

I have a feeling they won't be pulling that stuff this year at the big track :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]291736[/snapback][/right]
But we can always try :D
Gabriel,Jul 27 2009, 08:52 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 26 2009, 10:37 PM Wrote:Ah the Mosport DDT, made for a car like the Focus IMO, because theyy cleaned up last year at the SVTOA On Track event.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]291803[/snapback][/right]

Yes you can try indeed, but I think you'd be hard pressed to even keep me behind you in the straights, esp. now ;)

NefCanuck
So it seems like I messed up my speed sensor on the drivers side. And I may have also exceeded the rev limited LOL

Live and learn...
NefCanuck,Jul 27 2009, 10:37 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

Yes you can try indeed, but I think you'd be hard pressed to even keep me behind you in the straights, esp. now ;)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]291804[/snapback][/right]
well bring it on ! let the fun begin !I know you have the power and AWD advantage, but it's ok , I'll disconnect two of your spark plugs :lol:
Gabriel,Jul 28 2009, 03:18 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

NefCanuck
well bring it on ! let the fun begin !I know you have the power and AWD advantage, but it's ok , I'll disconnect two of your spark plugs :lol:
[right][snapback]291857[/snapback][/right]

Ah the last refuge of the damned... sabotage! :D

I dunno if the car would even run with two coilpacks disconnected :unsure:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 28 2009, 07:31 PM Wrote:
Gabriel,Jul 28 2009, 03:18 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]291857[/snapback][/right]

Ah the last refuge of the damned... sabotage! :D

I dunno if the car would even run with two coilpacks disconnected :unsure:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]291867[/snapback][/right]
it would , but you don't want to find out how :D