FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Moving Home--edmonton,ab To Labrador City, Nl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So on March the 4th me and the wife are driving across canada and moving back home with a little one on the way. Cant wait to drive across canada it gonna be a fun and interesting time to say the least.

I will be taking pictures of the whole trip and will post some once we get back home and settled in.

Going to fun driving across in the our focus.

THE TRIP

[Image: canada-map1.jpg]

THE CAR
[Image: FocusNight3.jpg]
[Image: FocusNight10.jpg]
[Image: FocusNight1.jpg]

BACK HOME-LABRADOR CITY-
--Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey
--Enough Snow to Last 7 months
[Image: LabCity.jpg]
^^ is that the entire city!?!?!? whoa, i thought saskatoon was bad...

the drive should be nice, once you get through SK and MB, those parts are kind of mind numbing, the ontraio drive is pretty sweet tho, like superior national park.
That road from Baie Commeau is going to be brutal.
I agree the road from Baie Comeau Highway to Labrador City is brutal, its a damn cow path with transport trucks the take the whole road up.

Horrible Road

Here are some pics
[Image: MGaroundkm350.jpg]

Picture of the bridge crossing the Beaupin River. As you can see, this small wood bridge only handles one-way traffic
[Image: MGaroundkm365-beaupinriver.jpg]
Not all of NB was bad that I remember, but there were enough "cowpath" roads there to make want to think twice about going back to New Brunswick. Gorgeous countryside, horrid roads.

That's a hell of a trip to take with a kid in the oven. Have a safe run!
Ok I get that you like to live up north but why are you going back when there are so many other great parts of Canada to live in??

Not dissing just asking?? :)
I drove from Vancouver to Toronto, its a nice drive. Just one thing

once you get to Calgary turn on the cruise control and tie the steering wheel. You can just go to the back seat and relax for about 2 days until you reach the Ontario boarder ;)

Quote:Not all of NB was bad that I remember,

That road isn't in NB, it's more than 500km due north from the the Cote Nord of the Saint Lawrence through absolutely nothing and it IS a cow path, it IS full of trucks and IS absolutely miserable. The BEST thing to hope for is it is still frozen because once the thaw comes............

For those getting lost on their way to "La Bras D'or", most of the Trans-Can in NB is now twinned and more and more of it each time I go. (last was Nov 05)
Euro Ford Fan,Jan 31 2006, 03:26 PM Wrote:Ok I get that you like to live up north but why are you going back when there are so many other great parts of Canada to live in??

[right][snapback]167733[/snapback][/right]

Most people I know from out east say that the east coast IS the great part of Canada.

I know for a fact Im going to retire in Alberta (if Canada at all) because that was *my* favorite province of them all.

Ontario is great for jobs and making $$ and all, but when it comes to quality of life, I dont think in can even touch some of the other provinces. Thats my opinion though, Im sure a lot here think differently! ;)
The reason we are moving back home cause thats where all our family is living, and thats where the both of us grew up is in Labrador City,NL. Yeah its a small town but its so safe and its the best place to raise kids. I couldn't think of any other place to raise my baby once he or she is born.

That's gonna be one wicked road trip!

I've driven out west and down east, but never from one side to the other! that would be just awsome!

One suggestion! find something to cover up that front end, or even pick up a stock bumper for the trip. Because from just my trip down east last summer my front bumper is a write off and needs to be repainted :angry:
Thanks so much for the tip, it kinda needs to be re-painted anyways, so I might just wait till after the trip and get it painted.

or

is it best to cover it up, and if so..whats the best thing use?

SL8RZZX3,Jan 31 2006, 01:00 PM Wrote:That's gonna be one wicked road trip!

I've driven out west and down east, but never from one side to the other! that would be just awsome!

One suggestion! find something to cover up that front end, or even pick up a stock bumper for the trip. Because from just my trip down east last summer my front bumper is a write off and needs to be repainted  :angry:
[right][snapback]167740[/snapback][/right]
Can I come and visit and stay at your house and eat your food and drink your beer.

Ok, I'll bring some beer.
FastandFocusZTS,Jan 31 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:Thanks so much for the tip, it kinda needs to be re-painted anyways, so I might just wait till after the trip and get it painted.

or

is it best to cover it up, and if so..whats the best thing use?

SL8RZZX3,Jan 31 2006, 01:00 PM Wrote:That's gonna be one wicked road trip!

One suggestion! find something to cover up that front end, or even pick up a stock bumper for the trip. Because from just my trip down east last summer my front bumper is a write off and needs to be repainted  :angry:
[right][snapback]167740[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]167742[/snapback][/right]

just get one of those clear bumper wraps done to it ... they work really well and aren't that pricey
Flofocus,Jan 31 2006, 01:43 PM Wrote:
Euro Ford Fan,Jan 31 2006, 03:26 PM Wrote:Ok I get that you like to live up north but why are you going back when there are so many other great parts of Canada to live in??

[right][snapback]167733[/snapback][/right]

Most people I know from out east say that the east coast IS the great part of Canada.

I know for a fact Im going to retire in Alberta (if Canada at all) because that was *my* favorite province of them all.

Ontario is great for jobs and making $$ and all, but when it comes to quality of life, I dont think in can even touch some of the other provinces. Thats my opinion though, Im sure a lot here think differently! ;)
[right][snapback]167737[/snapback][/right]

I agree. I love Alberta. My sister is in Medicine Hat.
your hometown's streets ( the main one I think ) would make a nice race track haha.. and umm do they have high speed internets there?

you needs the internets. Anyways looks like you'll be one with nature soon good luck :)
Internet....You lost me..never heard of that before!!!

guess I will have to morse code back home and see if they heard of such a thing....

.. -. - . .-. . -

above transfered to internet language = internet!!

WE GOT INTERNET BACK HOME!!!!!!