FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Supersize My Van
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once described as being "visible from space" the Sprinter gets bigger once again, in addition to the high roof version there is now a "super high" version:

[Image: newsprinter.jpg]

from left to right: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter double cabin, Panel van extra-long, Crewbus and Panel van short standard.

January 31, 2006

New DaimlerChrysler Sprinter coming in March

Stuttgart, Germany – Eleven years and some 1.3 million units after its debut, the Sprinter, built by DaimlerChrysler under its Mercedes-Benz, Dodge and Freightliner brands, will be replaced with the next-generation model, to be launched at the end of March.

The Sprinter is built in two German factories, with a third assembly facility opening in Charleston, South Carolina for North American deliveries; 28,100 were sold in North American in 2005, a 49 per cent increase over 2004.

The new Sprinter will be available in three wheelbase lengths, four body lengths, a choice of standard, high or the new super-high roof, and with GVW ratings from three to five tons. A new gasoline V6 engine will also be available, in addition to the existing diesel engine. All models will feature electric windows, electronic stability control, keyless remote, driver's airbag, six-speed transmission, infinitely variable driver's seat height adjustment, and wide-angle mirrors; available options will include bi-Xenon headlamps, passenger front airbag, window airbags and electric sliding doors.

Mmmmmm HID's
Looks like one of those vans where the roof can be taken off and used as a boat.

Isn't that the same van as the one a woman drove around Neurbhering, in just over 10 minutes?

02ztsian

CanadaSVT,Jan 31 2006, 09:30 AM Wrote:Isn't that the same van as the one a woman drove around Neurbhering, in just over 10 minutes?
[right][snapback]167684[/snapback][/right]

No that was a Ford Transit but same idea. This one could possibly break that record as it has either:

The new Sprinter features engines up to 258 hp (190 kW) based on the Mercedes-Benz M272 3.5 liter gasoline V6, load ADAPTIVE ESP® with extended functionality for all models, hill start assist (HSA), a new Mercedes-Benz V6 diesel engine based on the OM642 3.0 liter V6 turbodiesel with 184 hp (135 kW) and 295 lb-ft of torque,

The biggest version apparantly has 17m^3 of cargo room. That is 17,000 litres.

For a comparison a Focus wagon is 1062 litres and a sedan trunk 365.

[Image: newsprinter_02.jpg]
Designed for the biggest of soccer moms out there.
what? they weren't rolling over at a high enough rate as it is?

Actually I got cut off by one on the QEW heading to niagara falls last week. He just couldn't wait to get to the Grimsby exit.
Prbably heading to Grimsby Chrysler to get bigger sway bars.. Those things needs these

[Image: CTSSkidCar3.jpg]
I like it.....

Camping would be a hoot in one of those.
There's a few running around here as mini tour busses.
mid life crisis mobile?
hmm I like the new styling, it looks good, can't wait to see a few over here. lol I recommened my brother-in-law get one of the 15 passenger ones as he now has 4 kids and my sister and him are thinking of one more :blink: