FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Now That's Bass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
STRAIGHT TO RIDICULOUS BASS!
is it me, or does that sound like GARBAGE...it's not even a clean bass...all distorted and crap...that would impress me more...could be the mic on the camera...
Now that's bass:

[Image: index.1.jpg]
Slimsride,Jan 30 2006, 07:24 PM Wrote:is it me, or does that sound like GARBAGE...it's not even a clean bass...all distorted and crap...that would impress me more...could be the mic on the camera...
[right][snapback]167553[/snapback][/right]

yeah that mic on the camera was probably going into overload from that. Also I thnk that guy is going strictly for SPL not SQL so I don't think he cares about how good it sounds, he just wants to give the ladies a free woofer ride.

Got towel?
That is fawked....I thought kicker square subs were crap.
subs probly worth 5 times the car
why? :huh:
D-Dub,Jan 30 2006, 06: Wrote:why? :huh:
[right][snapback]167586[/snapback][/right]

yeah really ? :huh:
Holy s***, my eardrums, they no work anymore!!!!! AHHHH!!!! :o
EO.Masiv_tiketzcervinisvt,Jan 30 2006, 05:43 PM Wrote:That is fawked....I thought kicker square subs were crap.
[right][snapback]167582[/snapback][/right]

Looks like a kicker solo x

Solo X

Quite the furious sub....
Frost__2001,Jan 30 2006, 11:00 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]167589[/snapback][/right]

someone could ask you the same question about your euro face lift. To each their own I know I went through a phase that I wanted a massive system and what not. I installed my own ( I worked in a stereo shop ) lost some of my hearing and then took it out :)
nass,Jan 30 2006, 06:33 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jan 30 2006, 11:00 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]167589[/snapback][/right]

someone could ask you the same question about your euro face lift. To each their own I know I went through a phase that I wanted a massive system and what not. I installed my own ( I worked in a stereo shop ) lost some of my hearing and then took it out :)
[right][snapback]167602[/snapback][/right]

I had a similar thought today... that's pretty scary to think about too.

As for those subs, they do kick ass, no doubt. But they punch way too hard for my taste. SQ's the way to go in my books.
I'm amazed he didn't shatter any of the windows. I can't believe that thats good for the car.

Just picture him driving down the road and all the bolts start to fall of cuz they been vibrated loose.
that actually happened in my car. Mind you it was a cavalier wagon and I had 4 12's in it. The dash door panels pretty much everything in that car came loose somewhat over time. It wasn't a surprise that when that car got into an accident that everything pretty much fell apart inside.... and I kid you not I lost some hearing from that monster.
Really if you losen a lot of parts on your car you can get that result. Plus your tires would not pulse side to side, bass from a sub creates vacuum adn pressure not shaking. Remember before your tires would pulse you have springs and shocks, not to mention the way the sub is designed. And the rear wiper would flap like that driving down the street. Not to say that would not be loud it probably is, but its glorified by a car that is falling apart.
Just my thoughts
David
That's insane... and the car is actually driven with the bass turned up like that? The driver must be deafer than a granite wall <_<

Loved the shaking door handle and bouncing windshield wiper though :D

'course my cell phone's vibrate function is stong enough to vibrate the door on my Focus if I leave it in the drink holder in the drivers door so :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 31 2006, 11:08 PM Wrote:That's insane... and the car is actually driven with the bass turned up like that?  The driver must be deafer than a granite wall <_<

Loved the shaking door handle and bouncing windshield wiper though :D

'course my cell phone's vibrate function is stong enough to vibrate the door on my Focus if I leave it in the drink holder in the drivers door so :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]167817[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I highly doubt that. If you take an 05's door panel off, the amount of foam insulation is incredible. That's one thing I love about my car. Focus', regardless of year are pretty damn well insulated.
NoiSeeVT,Jan 31 2006, 10:49 PM Wrote:Really if you losen a lot of parts on your car you can get that result.  Plus your tires would not pulse side to side, bass from a sub creates vacuum adn pressure not shaking.  Remember before your tires would pulse you have springs and shocks, not to mention the way the sub is designed.  And the rear wiper would flap like that driving down the street.  Not to say that would not be loud it probably is, but its glorified by a car that is falling apart.
Just my thoughts
David
[right][snapback]167815[/snapback][/right]

It's an old car, with a woofer that makes up nearly 10% of it's weight.... if it moves enough air to get even one piece of the car shaking, that rattle can go anywhere it wants. Shocks and springs weren't designed to handle vibration coming from inside the car. (it's like how shaking your knee in the car and cause the whole car to sway).

But that kind of bass is silly. I think the point of SPL has been explored beyond what's sensible. I mean it was cool when people had a hard time maintaining 140db, but now, at over 160, what's the point? 177.1DB was the record set by pioneer in 2005... that is 100 000 000 000 000 times more sound pressure than what it takes to instantly rupture your eardrums.

you can rice out your car all you want, and you'd still be able to enjoy it everyday. The good thing about rice is that no matter how grotesque it is, it won't make you lose one of your 5 primary senses (you can't lose a sense of style if you never had one). I wouldn't enjoy the sub everyday, that's for sure.. give me crystal clear sound and lack of rattle anytime.
I like my system.... nice and balanced.
Pages: 1 2