FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Fusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently drive a 2005 Focus ZX5 SES. Now that the new Fusion has come out, I have been thinking about trading up. Right now I lease the focus, I can get out of it if I want only if I buy another ford thanks to my uncle, he's in sales at a dealership. I love the focus, but for a big guy (6'3"---230lbs) it just aint roomy enough, knees hit the dash when I get in, tight compartment. TO top it off I think I can get a cheaper payment per month than what I am paying on the foci.

[Image: W420xH180xB24_Q50_FFFFFF_R0_NONE_CAB60FOC201A01408.jpg]

What should I do, trade up or not.
are u looking for the basic 5sp 2.3L?
3.0L SE 6spd auto
I'd trade up, especially if you're gonna go for the V6. Lots of potential in that car too.
id say do it, especially since your going for the V6 model. you're not into modding anymore and its obviously a better car suited for you then the focus. you might also wanna look at, "do you wanna be driving a focus for another 2.5 yrs (or wahtever is left)?"

its definitely a doable upgrade and if the payments wont be much dif, then go for it for sure
I test drove a SEL V6 yesterday morning. It was a nice car, and I could get it for the same kinda money I am paying for my Foci, but at a cheaper interest rate (less than half). Only thing is, I'd be lucky to get $7500 trade in for my car.

On top of that, the Fusion seemed....dare I say it?.....Boring. The steering and handling reflexes are not like my car (which be in the category of RIGHT NOW response), and the engine has a pause before the 6spd auto figures out what gear it wants to be in for max torque. That being said, the car really pulls above 120 km's/hr though...it'd be an excellent highway bomber for sure.

The interior design and fit and finish is first class, and heated leather buckets are nice too. Like the Lincoln-esque dash and center console as well.

Think it's a good choice for you, and maybe for me too, but as a daily driver, and retire the ZX3 and use it as a toy/hobby car.

I'd say to go for it...just don't go pitchblack with black leathers with oatmeal stiching...can't have too many alike when we start up a Fusion enthusiast ring...lol
I don't see how you feel cramped in a Focus, I have a 2001 Focus Sedan and I'm 6'6" tall, and I weigh just 9 lbs more then you, and I feel the focus is the best small car with the most ammount of room for the money.

If your wanting the Fusion for more reasons like raising a family, or to wanting to impress your clients if you need to drive for people, but look at the down sides to having a larger car, such as higher feul costs, Insurance rates as it's brand new, and other things that may eventually come up. You should look at your needs vrs getting a new car and can you afford it ?
I agree with Frost... I'm 6' 2 1/2", 180lbs, and I fit just fine as long as the seat is all the way back and lowered all the way down. As it should be anyways :P

The Fusion LOOKS sweet, but it doesn't DRIVE sweet. That's the important part here... the Focus is a basic driver's car... the Fusion is what you buy when your backbone has left you and you're 3 Depends shy of buying a refill pack.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 31 2006, 07:12 AM Wrote:The Fusion LOOKS sweet, but it doesn't DRIVE sweet.... the Fusion is what you buy when your backbone has left you and you're 3 Depends shy of buying a refill pack.
[right][snapback]167670[/snapback][/right]

Thats certainly a different view of the Fusions handling than what I have read in the media, or been told first hand by people who have driven one.
Strange...
I'm 6'3 my knees hit the dash in the svt... but i never had the problem with the svt.

Could the 02+ have different seat rails, mounts. etc. I remember talking to brooks about this too.
6'2" here in an '05 Focus. No problems legroom wise but thanks to the sunroof headroom is a different story (One big enough bump and I whack the top of my noggin on the roof, despite lowering the seat as far down as I could)

Looked at a Fusion while servicing the Focus the other day. Nice car, but it's a brand new design, why agree to be an unpaid beta tester? <_<

NefCanuck
Around here, Ford put on what they called the "Ford Innovation Drive" in which they featured the Fusion, and let everyone who attended (a select few) to test drive the Fusion on an auto-x similar set up, but it started off with a huge 1/4 mile straight. So I was able to test drive the SEL V6 option, and I must say I was highly impressed. It was failrly roomy and handled extremely well. Plus the interior looked and felt very nice, not cheap like other cars. The engine was quit powerfull and very responsive. It would be a great car for a famlily. It had a sedan look with a sporty feel. However, if you plan on getting one, I would wait until 06 models, because Fords tend to have a bad first year of production.

Pros: Handles well, and very sporty feeling for a sedan.

Cons: No 5spd option for the v6 SEL

Edit: Oh yeah, I am about 5' 11"
I wouldn't trade in my Focus!
drew03zx3,Feb 1 2006, 09:21 PM Wrote:................... because Fords tend to have a bad first year of production.
[right][snapback]168045[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

I don't think anyone here needs to be reminded of that. ;)

&

:hi:
2001 ZTS,Feb 3 2006, 02:27 PM Wrote:
drew03zx3,Feb 1 2006, 09:21 PM Wrote:................... because Fords tend to have a bad first year of production.
[right][snapback]168045[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

I don't think anyone here needs to be reminded of that. ;)

&

:hi:
[right][snapback]168203[/snapback][/right]
lol yeah

Thanks
All of these are good points, and I am weighing all of them, and still thinking. Yeah I know there is no 5spd in the SEL, but I was only going for the SE V6. Too much money for the loaded model, which its sad to say I really wanted, I really lost the fun factor when I wrecked my other focus. Now adays I just drive to and from work, its just not fun anymore without the other car. All of you guys can agree with me on that. Thats why I want a car that looks good, even though it is a family sedan.