FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Toys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
decided to put some of my OT cash towards a few toys...

[Image: DSC00345.jpg]

more pics to follow, I'm sure.
......oh.........i thought its gonna be car toys

nice camera i guess
some quick pics with the 50mm lense -- all on auto.

[Image: DSC_0009.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0005.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0008.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0013.jpg]

too bad I have to do work.. but maybe have some more proper pics later.
Nice shots with the camera... I like :)

NefCanuck
nice choice in camera, I almost picked up a D90 in May but needed some car parts instead. I will be buying one within a year.
Very nice buy!
I picked up a D60 the other week, and love it.
need to save some more and buy a few more add ons.
time for the rollin' shots!
I'm jealous. :)

Nice to see somebody shooting with a prime! I never realized how much you could do with a prime until I shot for two weeks with an old Nikon N2000 (film, oh my!) and a 50mm 1.8. My wife couldn't believe how good the pics looked.
yeah..there's tonnes of stuff you can do with a prime.. it's a great all-round lense.

I picked up an f1.4 50mm prime, but because my camera isn't a full-framed DSL, it's an equivalent 75mm lense... so it's not as wide angled as I would prefer...but the 50mm lense was $350, and a proper 1.4F 35mm lense would be about $900. -- I figured for the times I want a wider angle, the kit lense should suffice.

If I find a need for one, I'll get a 1.4F 35 later on.

I haven't even put the kit lense on the camera yet.... some more 50mm shots..

once again, mostly auto -- flash and focus points manually set.

[Image: DSC_0022.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0025.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0027.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0032.jpg]
tried simple HDR from a single (underexposed) RAW file...

[Image: test-hdr-5-1.jpg]

not happy with all the grain.. next one, i'll pull out the stops and use bracketing like I should.
Nice setup, Steve!

I'm hoping to trade in the D50 before Christmas myself.

Yeah, the prime issue is because we're all DX crop-framed sensors till you get to the FX-series full-frame sensors. That's starting at $1700 if memory serves and works its way up to almost 5 digits if you stay with Nikon. I will be.

It's good to see you have some basic UV-cancelling filters already. Decent tripods for hobbyists start around 50-70 bucks at most camera shops, complete with bubble levels. Also, I can let you know what parts you'll need to use a telescope as a prime lens (F-ring and eyepiece adapter). Equatorial-mount telescopes are recommended :)
just ordered a remote since the camera can't take sets of bracketed shots while on timer -- something canon's can do.