FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Automotive School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know a good Automotive school in the Ontario region or nearby? Im interesseted in going in that field and I looking for a school that is only about cars.
Canadore College here in North Bay has a good-sized training floor / shop as well as the rest of the campus for theory / book-learning at its Commerce Court campus.

http://www.canadorec.on.ca/Programs/FullTi...Tech/030609.cfm

I hope that meets what you need!
Algonquin has some good auto programs also.

They also have the tool & die making courses, and welding...

Ive already told you all this though :P
Flofocus,Jan 27 2006, 10:56 AM Wrote:Algonquin has some good auto programs also.

[right][snapback]167229[/snapback][/right]

You need to be a apprentice to be accepted.
mohawk college in Hamilton has a mechanic apprenticship program ... and i think centennial does too

if its for sales .. then Georgain would be your best choice.

if you want amazing money within 5 years .. go tool and die
focusonthis_88,Jan 27 2006, 10:03 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 27 2006, 10:56 AM Wrote:Algonquin has some good auto programs also.

[right][snapback]167229[/snapback][/right]

You need to be a apprentice to be accepted.
[right][snapback]167231[/snapback][/right]

exactly. That's where you need to start. Get searching for a place that will take you on as an apprentice. It won't be easy and you will probably get paid s***e for a while.

Aaron went to Mohawk for a 1 year course on automotive. He got his apprentice and now goes back to school every year.

Once he's done his license, I hope he goes to the States for the big boys school and gets his superstar license to work some muscle cars. But we'll see.
St. Clair College in Windsor has a pretty decent Motive Power Course from what I hear, or if you want to get into Automotive engineering/design they have a course in that too. [This is what I took- Mech. Eng. Tech. - Automotive Product Design. ]

Search the web for all of the canadian (or ontario) colleges, as some offer more specific courses than others. ( Windsor is pretty decent for automotive stuff since the big 3 are all here.)

U of Windsor also has Automotive Engineering if your up for some late nights of studying ...( & some BEvERages)...

~ Clutch