FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Am Officially Debt Free!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished paying off my LAST student loan payment and paid off my credit card balance.

Does it ever feel good though!! Focus was paid off in november, Loan and credit card today :D :D :D

Now to sit with the bank and get a mortgage going on. Back into debt I go!! :lol:
Flofocus,Jan 26 2006, 09:49 AM Wrote:I just finished paying off my LAST student loan payment and paid off my credit card balance.

Does it ever feel good though!!  Focus was paid off in november, Loan and credit card today  :D  :D  :D

Now to sit with the bank and get a mortgage going on.  Back into debt I go!!  :lol:
[right][snapback]167052[/snapback][/right]

congrats. I shall be debt free on my 24th bday.
Congrats flo... i wish i could say the same thing.
Id rather had debt from buying a house, then credit card debt!!

Congrats man, cant wait till that day comes for me!
Debt free rules....congrats!
Wooo Wooo

Soon I'm going to have more debt than ever! More than a quarter million in total.

I have no credit card, student loan, car loan or any sort of debt at all but.....

I'm takling over the existing mortage of $155G and then I have to buy out the other half's portion of the equity, about $110G.

Good thing I've got ASSets coming out of my ASS.

Wooo Wooo
Good job...I'll be in debt for ever!! If I keep going the way im going!
2001 ZTS,Jan 26 2006, 12:21 PM Wrote:I have no credit card, student loan, car loan or any sort of debt at all but.....
[right][snapback]167060[/snapback][/right]

I took my credit card and cut it up right after paying the left over amount. I'm going to keep the account open since I have no monthly/yearly fees and the rate is pretty good for a credit card (9%, I've been with the same guys for about 6 years now). So *IF* I run into an emergency, I can just call them up and ask them to send me a new one. BUT, I dont want to do that....going to save up for the rainy day account (since its empty right now...lol), and not touch it after.

Its so tempting right now to go and buy a WRX....but Im gonna do like you....save up for it this time(learned my lesson with the focus). The Justy is still running good and the sticker is paid until 2007 :lol: . Of course I wont buy a new one....a nice used one with 80K on it would be nice!! The GF really wants the new mazda 6 though <_< . She really doesnt like the look of the WRX.
When youre looking for a wrx. check out the F/S section over on NASIOC...

when you crunch the numbers it looks like you can possibly bring over a low mile STI for 32k cdn...

I've seen them go between 21-26k us
Must be nice! Wish I could say the same. FAWK I'M PISSED TODAY!!!!!1!!!11
Good job, now try to keep it that way!!

I don't look at my mortgage as debt, since I'm building equity quickly. It's the only sort of debt I don't mind having.
whats debt???
crazikev,Jan 26 2006, 01:12 PM Wrote:whats debt???
[right][snapback]167079[/snapback][/right]

It is what happens when you move out of your mom's basement.
2001 ZTS,Jan 26 2006, 01:13 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]167080[/snapback][/right]
im on the main floor :P
Nice Nate. I was there in November. Took forever with the huge debt we were carrying.

Ah, now to get into even bigger debt.

Man are we dumb.
crazikev,Jan 26 2006, 06:16 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jan 26 2006, 01:13 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]167080[/snapback][/right]
im on the main floor :P
[right][snapback]167081[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
Yup, a house makes all the difference in the world.

It's a space of YOUR OWN. You'll even give the baby-eater his own corner! :D
Yeah being debt free is a good thing, I remember it well 5 years ago...... then I got a focus lol...... But congrats Flo.
good for you, got rid of all the bad debt. now time for some good debt.
Flofocus,Jan 26 2006, 10:49 AM Wrote:I just finished paying off my LAST student loan payment and paid off my credit card balance.

Does it ever feel good though!!  Focus was paid off in november, Loan and credit card today  :D  :D  :D

Now to sit with the bank and get a mortgage going on.  Back into debt I go!!  :lol:
[right][snapback]167052[/snapback][/right]

Congratulations, now you have the hard part, managing your finances so that any debt you take on builds you equity in the long run (Like a mortgage)

AFter the settlement from my auto accident, all my debt was gone, I bought a place with a small mortgage and I've been debt free since then. It's meant saying "No" more than once but being careful now means I have that much flexibility later (Like adding on to my mortgage to buy the Focus outright for cash :P)

NefCanuck