FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Powerworks Questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok,

might look into buying one soon.. got some questions :)

1. Is removing the engine necessary? or can it be done without removing it?

2. will it be okay on stock brakes?

3. will it be okay on the stock tranmsission?

4. will it be okay on the stock Differential? or will I have to upgrade?

5. My car isnt too old I think (86,000KM) too much, or just right? stock internals wont blow?

6. 220/200 claimed on completely stock car except for Supercharger?

7. I have rims and performance rubber, will it still be able to hook?

in the end, if I loose traction while launching on WOT, It wont matter because racing isnt my top priority, I would just look into upgrading to an LSD later on if that happened.

thanks
~Lorne

01-yellow-ZX3

Yes.
You don't need to remove the engine, your car is good enough, buy it, install it and drive it.
1. Is removing the engine necessary? or can it be done without removing it?

no, you install with the engine in place.

2. will it be okay on stock brakes?

yes but we suggest atleast a pad upgrade if not pads, rotors, SS lines and better fluid.

3. will it be okay on the stock tranmsission?

yes, assuming your transmission is in good shape without problems or problems in developement.

4. will it be okay on the stock Differential? or will I have to upgrade?

Yes but you will get better traction and will be able to put the power down to the road better.

5. My car isnt too old I think (86,000KM) too much, or just right? stock internals wont blow?

nobody can say for sure over the net. only way to be 100% is to get a compression test and a leak-down test performed. PW has installed kits on cars with over 100,000miles on them...

6. 220/200 claimed on completely stock car except for Supercharger?

Nope.
220 and 180 on a completely stock car.

7. I have rims and performance rubber, will it still be able to hook?

better tires would help but that is a rather silly question. being able to hook is a matter of driver skill, not tires.... well atleast at these power levels.
Quote:7. I have rims and performance rubber, will it still be able to hook?

better tires would help but that is a rather silly question. being able to hook is a matter of driver skill, not tires.... well atleast at these power levels.

the only reason I ask is because my brother drives his RSX-S, and I am sure with the SC along with my engine mods I could smoke his car easy.

he just assumes i am a newb and cant lunch properly.

Quote:2. will it be okay on stock brakes?

yes but we suggest atleast a pad upgrade if not pads, rotors, SS lines and better fluid.

I was thinking of upgrading only the rotors to slotted or combination driled.. but in the end upgrading brakes would be basically for track use and if i am stopping at higher speeds than normal correct? guarantee I wont be pushing 100km on any given street, unless its the highway but then I actually pay attention to stopping distances and downshift accordingly without using the brakes.

Quote:3. will it be okay on the stock tranmsission?

yes, assuming your transmission is in good shape without problems or problems in developement.

my transmission is fine, except I have the 3rd gear synchro problem, but whenever you are racing if you double clutch 3rd gear is 100% fine.

sounds like a VERY good deal. I might be borrowing the money, or I might just not do it.

but knowing that my stock car can handle it without too much modification, I might be hitting up that special someone for a very long-term no-interest, low payment loan :P
the only reason I ask is because my brother drives his RSX-S, and I am sure with the SC along with my engine mods I could smoke his car easy.

he just assumes i am a newb and cant lunch properly.

he will be right for the most part. adding power like what the pw kit delivers will require to basicly re-learn how to launch the car as you will be able to roast your tires much much easier.

I was thinking of upgrading only the rotors to slotted or combination driled.. but in the end upgrading brakes would be basically for track use and if i am stopping at higher speeds than normal correct? guarantee I wont be pushing 100km on any given street, unless its the highway but then I actually pay attention to stopping distances and downshift accordingly without using the brakes.

sloted/ drilled rotors are for looks, not for stopping. unless you are actually seriously racing a car, slotting and drilling actually hurts stopping. solid rotors and quality pads is your best bet. upgrading your brakes is never a bad idea, a good upgrade for the additional power would be to get your hands on a set of SVT brakes.

my transmission is fine, except I have the 3rd gear synchro problem, but whenever you are racing if you double clutch 3rd gear is 100% fine.

this may or may not be a problem. sooner or later you are going to need to address this but it should not have an effect on the ability of the tranny to hold power.

thanks for the help!

I am 89% sure i am buying this form you soon.