FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bought Our First House!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well after a tiny change to the offer Kristin and I are now the ecstatic owners of our first home. I can't believe how quickly the process happens once the ball gets rolling we only looked at this place for the first time last Thursday and 4 days later we own it!!!

House was built for $208,000 with $6000 in upgrades. We got $11,000 in new appliances included in the cost along with all the custom window blinds maybe another $4000 for that. Total cost around $229,000. That same semi now is starting for $226,000.

We closed at $210,000 for everything!!!

I love real estate we made off with at least a $40,000! And I live less than a 2 minute walk to one of the best golf courses in Ontario!!!!

[Image: 042357DD1E33-20124.jpg]

Party at our house sometime after the 28th of February.

EDIT: Oh yeah and I wrote my very last rent cheque this morning after spending over 100,000 in the past 8 years I can't tell you how happy I am to never do this again!
Not too shabby! Semis are the shiz! Congrats! :beerchug:
Euro Ford Fan,Jan 24 2006, 08:30 AM Wrote:Party at our house sometime after the 28th of February.

[right][snapback]166684[/snapback][/right]

Done and done. B)
party.congrats.kegger.pukeonyourdriveway.cograts.
that is an awsome deal Simon. NOTL especially, and near a golf coarse.

*green with envy*

I congradulate you.

I say we make an FC golf tournament!! ill fly in for that!
Nice deal, yeah the real estate market is still hot but deals can be had. May you enjoy your place for many years to come :D

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 24 2006, 11:57 AM Wrote:Nice deal, yeah the real estate market is still hot but deals can be had.  May you enjoy your place for many years to come :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]166741[/snapback][/right]

Thanks everyone, plans for a round of golf and then a BBQ for this summer are already in motion!

I'm so excited that concentrating on work for more than a few minutes is next to impossible!

I'll post up some more pictures after we do our final walkthrough later this week.
give me a shout if you need help moving.
thats awesome

just for comparison, whats the square footage on it?
darkpuppet,Jan 24 2006, 01:48 PM Wrote:give me a shout if you need help moving.
[right][snapback]166759[/snapback][/right]

Wow Steve thanks for the offer I appreciate that. I've decided to have movers do it this time though. My sofas, shelves and entertainment unit are just way too big or heavy to move. Even the two big guys who moved my sofas in really struggled with there weight so I don't want to take any chances of people getting hurt. If a mover drops something then they have insurance nothing worse than messing up your own stuff.

ZX5focused,Jan 24 2006, 02:09 PM Wrote:thats awesome

[right][snapback]166760[/snapback][/right]

It's 1500 give or take a few. The besement which will be finished later this year is another 800sqft.

It's a good size for just the two of us for now.
Euro Ford Fan,Jan 24 2006, 04:04 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Jan 24 2006, 02:09 PM Wrote:thats awesome

[right][snapback]166760[/snapback][/right]

It's 1500 give or take a few. The besement which will be finished later this year is another 800sqft.

It's a good size for just the two of us for now.
[right][snapback]166792[/snapback][/right]

If you need a contractor, I know a good one, cheap for cash :D

Oh, and what golf course is this near? Cause I know all the golf courses in NOTL and the only decent one that I can think of is Whirlpool. Please refresh my memory.

Congrats on the new house.

Party===Golf===Beer===Try and keep me away.
Super Congrads Simon .. thats sweet.