FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Edge Hit By Lightning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've never seen this before:

Lightning hits Ford Edge
Holy crap, that sucks.

On a side note I was wishing the edge was now super charged like the
F-150
Quote: "Vehicles are very safe.  It's the safest place to be in a lighting storm because the electricity has to get to the ground and with the rubber tires it insulates you,"

what a load of BS...

Lightning travels miles through thin air to strike -- a few milimeters of steal belted, dirty, rainsoaked rubber won't do you a lick of good. It'll help the car hold a charge, but if lightning hits you, it hits you because you are the least resitive path to ground.

I remember one time at the beach after a thunderstorm started -- I heard people say they were going to go take down the volleyball nets since they had rubber boots on, and would be safe.

idiots

Never heard about a car getting hit before this. Wow kinda makes you think.
i clicked the link hoping to see a ford f150 svt lightnight hit the edge, but nah i was wrong, it was a lightning... bolt. lol
paolo,Jul 29 2009, 11:21 PM Wrote:i clicked the link hoping to see a ford f150 svt lightnight hit the edge, but nah i was wrong, it was a lightning... bolt. lol
[right][snapback]291938[/snapback][/right]

Ha! When I told a coworker about it he thought the same thing.