FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So The Cons Have Won?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just watching cbc newsworld and they've hinted that the cons. have won??
Yes sir...Conservative minority!!
microbunny,Jan 24 2006, 03:41 AM Wrote:Yes sir...Conservative minority!!
[right][snapback]166621[/snapback][/right]

another election in 18months!!
yeah they've won.

And I hope not, though I hate the conservatives being in there.... but I hate the liberals too... but less than the conservatives...
well I have heard it on a few networks that there will be one... some liberals are saying they will put forth a non confidence vote
they didnt win because everyone likes them, they won because ppl are oblivious of teh real issues and just took "stab in the dark" votes and happened to elect these dingbats into power
It was just people votin conservative over the sponsorship scandal to punish the liberals, they never bothered to look at the issues. Oh well when harper starts makin up crazy legislation and wants to start acting like bush junior people will wake up. The cons never got as much as they hoped for though, good oll polls, they tell you nothing.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a non confidence vote pretty quickly, I'd say 6-12 months. Out here in lil ol Abbotsford BC I couldn't make a vote that really counts for f&%k all because our Lib candidate got dumped because of some bribery allegations that I don't believe for 1 second. I cast my vote for the one who was least expected to get a vote period because I wasn't about to piss away my rights, I do that well enough with my hard earned cashola! :D We'll see what happens... I'm really concerned about how much Bush and his cronies like Harper, I like being Canadian!
I wonder who the next Liberal leader will be, since Martin is stepping down?
We live in Canada, the soon to be 51st state of the united states of america.
ZX5focused,Jan 24 2006, 02:47 AM Wrote:We live in Canada, the soon to be 51st state of the united states of america.
[right][snapback]166648[/snapback][/right]

You're not the first person I've heard say this! hehehe Please don't make us take Quebec though.

I've was trying to follow this last night... it still confuses me to no end about how it all works. Makes less sense to me than our electoral college, and even that can still be confusing as hell.

My condolences, though, because of the outcome. I really hope your government doesn't try to emulate this thing down here we call our government.

Time to pull out google.
Trust me, you WANT Quebec.

Even if it is just for their woman & corner store beer. :D
Flofocus,Jan 24 2006, 08:17 AM Wrote:Trust me, you WANT Quebec.

Even if it is just for their woman & corner store beer.  :D
[right][snapback]166668[/snapback][/right]

I was meaning the people, we'll take the province. :D

Can already get beer at the corner store here.. and women too, if you go to the right places.
ya got nothin on our french ladies.

Sorry, but its true. :P :lol:
paolo,Jan 23 2006, 11:48 PM Wrote:they didnt win because everyone likes them, they won because ppl are oblivious of teh real issues and just took "stab in the dark" votes and happened to elect these dingbats into power
[right][snapback]166637[/snapback][/right]

Did you read the official party platforms that were posted on this site? Please state references that support your argument.
ZX5focused,Jan 24 2006, 01:47 AM Wrote:We live in Canada, the soon to be 51st state of the united states of america.
[right][snapback]166648[/snapback][/right]

the joys of being a minority government.. it won't happen.

I'll be honest, I'm happy with the way things turned out... liberals learn their lesson, conservatives don't get free run of the place. PERFECT!

Even if it means we go back to the polls in 18 months.
Happy Dance:

:fluffy:
The absolute worst part of the whole scenario (and I agree with Puppet, although another Liberal minority would have been fine with me) is the fact we will waste more tax dollars in 12-18 months.

it's not a question of if but how much.
Only thing I can say here is Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos! lol.....
LOL That's what i have been saying to people :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3