FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pimp My Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
darkpuppet,Jan 23 2006, 12:15 AM Wrote:if you have a crappy car, and money is no object
[right][snapback]166373[/snapback][/right]

Why didn't they just give him an Elise, it would have been cheaper!
MAlby7,Jan 22 2006, 10:56 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jan 23 2006, 12:15 AM Wrote:if you have a crappy car, and money is no object

[right][snapback]166376[/snapback][/right]
Yep :D my thoughts exactly. Like there has to be some point where spending more money "pimpin" one car then it would cost to buy something better for less. Like let's use common sense here. But otherwise not bad.
MAlby7,Jan 22 2006, 11:56 PM Wrote:

Why would anyone be interested in watching a show like that let alone type about it on the internet half way around the world?
Phantom,Jan 22 2006, 11:58 PM Wrote:Yep :D my thoughts exactly. Like there has to be some point where spending more money "pimpin" one car then it would cost to buy something better for less. Like let's use common sense here. But otherwise not bad.
[right][snapback]166377[/snapback][/right]

like pretty much everyone who's modded their focus?
Phantom,Jan 23 2006, 12:58 AM Wrote:
MAlby7,Jan 22 2006, 10:56 PM Wrote:

Yep :D my thoughts exactly. Like there has to be some point where spending more money "pimpin" one car then it would cost to buy something better for less. Like let's use common sense here. But otherwise not bad.

Missed the whole point. They wanted to polish a turd. They did. They did not want to replace a turd.

Like modding a Focus.
bluetoy,Jan 23 2006, 09:07 AM Wrote:Missed the whole point. They wanted to polish a turd. They did. They did not want to replace a turd.

Like modding a Focus.
[right][snapback]166399[/snapback][/right]

ding ding ding!!!! we have a winner!

it doesn't matter regardless... this guy has more lada than we'll ever have focus. Hell, I'd take a polished turd.
It actually looked pretty sweet.

Linke Kleenex box with a racing stripe.
I kinda like it too. Something unassuming that can outperform a lot of cars out there. It reminds me of my buddy's heavily modified Datsun 510. Back in the early 80s he took an old beat up early 70's 510 and made something similar to this Lotus massaged Lada.
that was an awsome ep looked and performed great .. id of had that car over the elise
Hmm I don't know what it is what they style of site from google but they never work for me.

in other words Link no workie for me.
darkpuppet,Jan 23 2006, 07:50 AM Wrote:
Phantom,Jan 22 2006, 11:58 PM Wrote:Yep :D my thoughts exactly. Like there has to be some point where spending more money "pimpin" one car then it would cost to buy something better for less. Like let's use common sense here. But otherwise not bad.

like pretty much everyone who's modded their focus?
[right][snapback]166393[/snapback][/right]
But DP have u dumped 100k Pounds into your car? Prolly not. And atleast if I did my focus would still LOOK better than that car does. And prolly perform better too.
but for the money that was put into my car, i could have a porsche... or a corvette, or a bimmer, or a g35 or an STi, or..hell, a lot of other cars...

hence, why throw money into a car when you could just buy the better car? The moment you put $2,000 into your car, you could have gotten something better...

sure you could buy new, but where is the fun?
Kelowna_Focus,Jan 28 2006, 01:37 AM Wrote:sure you could buy new, but where is the fun?
[right][snapback]167342[/snapback][/right]

Thats the hole point of Top Gear its about fun....

THey know normal people won't spend that kind of cash on a car like that. So they did and it was hilarious..... not serious.
I'll take that car anytime dude wants to be rid of it...

And maybe some of us like owning and driving "Turds"....lol

Found it very entertaining....
darkpuppet,Jan 27 2006, 03:01 PM Wrote:but for the money that was put into my car, i could have a porsche... or a corvette, or a bimmer, or a g35 or an STi, or..hell, a lot of other cars...

hence, why throw money into a car when you could just buy the better car?  The moment you put $2,000 into your car, you could have gotten something better...
[right][snapback]167230[/snapback][/right]

That's not true, if you do things properly.

I agree, most people waste their money on bulls*** mods and ricey crap.

But you CAN take something like a Focus, spend $10k on it, and embarrass much more expensive cars on track. I've passed Z06's, Lightnings, Cobras, 911's, etc. etc...

If your goal is to win friends and the admiration of others... you're not gonna do it in a Focus.

If your goal is to have a car that is fun to drive, and capable of embarassing cars costing 10 times as much, you can do it if you know what you're doing.
P-51,Jan 30 2006, 01: Wrote:If your goal is to have a car that is fun to drive, and capable of embarassing cars costing 10 times as much, you can do it if you know what you're doing.
[right][snapback]167528[/snapback][/right]

:D :D :D :D :D