FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Watching Barret Jackson?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did you see that they just bid off the rights to the next gen. Shelby GT500 from Ford for

Get this

$600,000 US

And they said it would be a low vin, but not necessarily #1. I'd be pissed if I didn't get #1.

Should be quite the investment for someone with 80-100k. You should double that in 1-2 years if this car crazy market holds up.

Fawk the new house. I'm getting a Shelby. Convertible.

Like the wife would agree to that.
I was watching it the car went for over $700.000 and all the money goes to some charity.

Sweet car!!!

If anybody cares...this summer a dealership in Toronto not telling the name, but some guy bought the Ford GT.

Don't worry will tell you guys more when I have more info or the date it will show up at the dealer.
i want that 300SL convertible,

70 Chevy Chevelle LS6 for 1,150,000

this is a battle of egos and wallets between multi millionaires. Ruins the chance for any of us to buy a nice muscle car.

And WTF 2007 mustang for 600k and an original 66 cobra w/ holman and moody 427 in it for only 550k.. Somebody has hit their head a few times too many.
anybody see the guy put up his 2000 bentley continental R last night? $137000 for a car he paid $300000+ 6 yrs ago!!!

some f***ed up s***!!!
highest one yet at 4.1 million for that GM Futurliner.

i want to be one of those bidder assisants
Ya' that bus is cool I wounld put down $4.1million thats crazy
If I was there the Cuda 383 in my garage yeah !!!
bluetoy,Jan 21 2006, 08:07 PM Wrote:this is a battle of egos and wallets between multi millionaires. Ruins the chance for any of us to buy a nice muscle car.

And WTF 2007 mustang for 600k and an original 66 cobra w/ holman and moody 427 in it for only 550k.. Somebody has hit their head a few times too many.
[right][snapback]166289[/snapback][/right]

These cars are the best of the best in the big ego world. I don't think this is sustainable.

It doesn't bother me as I wouldn't buy a showpiece. I want something I can drive.
meford4u,Jan 22 2006, 04:18 AM Wrote:It doesn't bother me as I wouldn't buy a showpiece.  I want something I can drive.

Seriously eh!

I met the guy who owns the car from gone in 60 seconds through my neighbour... he has it in a garage here in toronto along with his collection of 15 or so other supercars... he bought it from the barret jackson auction in 04 sometime... either way cost him close to 1 mil .. and last time I talked to him he still had not even driven it. And that was like, late 05.

He also bought a gt2 just for the gumball rally... has a gallardo .. couple ferraris.. blah blah blah...

Too much money. Way too much.
tdot-zx3,Jan 22 2006, 03: Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 22 2006, 04:18 AM Wrote:It doesn't bother me as I wouldn't buy a showpiece.  I want something I can drive.

Seriously eh!

I met the guy who owns the car from gone in 60 seconds through my neighbour... he has it in a garage here in toronto along with his collection of 15 or so other supercars... he bought it from the barret jackson auction in 04 sometime... either way cost him close to 1 mil .. and last time I talked to him he still had not even driven it. And that was like, late 05.

He also bought a gt2 just for the gumball rally... has a gallardo .. couple ferraris.. blah blah blah...

Too much money. Way too much.
[right][snapback]166306[/snapback][/right]

They are a good investment until the economy starts to dip, even just slightly. Then you'll see the market collapse.