FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hey Geeks............
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just came back from dinner with Bob Young. The "Red Hat" and "Lulu" guy and owner of the Hamilton Ti-Cats.

Funny guy and pretty down to earth for someone worth $4billion and scares Bill Gates.

:P
2001 ZTS,Jan 20 2006, 11:16 PM Wrote:Just came back from dinner with Bob Young. The "Red Hat" and "Lulu" guy and owner of the Hamilton  Ti-Cats.

Funny guy and pretty down to earth for someone worth $4billion and scares Bill Gates.

[right][snapback]166174[/snapback][/right]

guess I don't count as a geek then... how was dinner? I hope he paid...
darkpuppet,Jan 21 2006, 01:12 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Jan 20 2006, 11:16 PM Wrote:Just came back from dinner with Bob Young. The "Red Hat" and "Lulu" guy and owner of the Hamilton  Ti-Cats.

guess I don't count as a geek then... how was dinner? I hope he paid...
[right][snapback]166190[/snapback][/right]

Does hanging out at the pub and getting free Red Hat merchandise 9 years ago count? I actually have a Red Hat red hat somewhere. Of course, back then he wasnt nearly as monied.

So how'd you swing that connection? Selling him a laker in order to complete with Paul Allen for ridiculously sized boats?
My sister hangs witht the creator of the blackberry quite regularily. (He's a UW graduate)

*relevancy to this thread.... zero*
One of the guys from Kenny Vs. Spenny is actually a Customer of Mine, the older guy with longer hair, forgot if spenny is his real name. Also is Fefe Dobson, Sarah Taylor of Muchmusic, Nasri (some singer) and a few others cant remember rite now..
paolo,Jan 21 2006, 10:57 AM Wrote:One of the guys from Kenny Vs. Spenny is actually a Customer of Mine, the older guy with longer hair, forgot if spenny is his real name.  Also is Fefe Dobson, Sarah Taylor of Muchmusic, Nasri (some singer) and a few others cant remember rite now..
[right][snapback]166219[/snapback][/right]

Some of the most famous people in the world are customers of Ford. Are they my friends? No

Who gives a fawk.

When I goto bed and start dreaming everyone is my friend, except for meford. He's more of an idol to me.
nass,Jan 21 2006, 06:32 PM Wrote:When I goto bed and start dreaming everyone is my friend, except for meford. He's more of an idol to me.
[right][snapback]166281[/snapback][/right]

I love u 2 man

Thats pretty cool. I'd love to meet him not cuz of his computer background, but because of what he's done with the Ticats in his 2 yrs of ownership.
It apparantly boils down to making the customer happy.

Listening Ford?

Yes he did things like new electronic bill boards but the biggest physical change was flowers in the womens washroom. Women buy (on behalf of their families) more than 60% of tickets.

The team itself has the same win/loss average as it did before he took over. The year it won the Grey Cup they were one third capacity on average for the season. They have filled 98% of the seats since he's owned it.

What is interesting is he says when you survey people they tend to lie to you. When asked "why don't you go to Ti-Cats games?" the question was:

a ) usually asked of men 18-35
b ) the answer was they T-Cats tend to loose

As we deep down know a "good" experience at the game whether the home team wins or loses is what counts.

He's a smart guy.