FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Mechanic Left Cigarette Ashes In My Car?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did some cleaning of my car today since it was nice weather, upon looking arround in my car, I fould a lot of Cigarette Ashes like Under the Seats, under the carpets, in the side pockets, etc... I'm a non-smoker, and I NEVER let anyone ever smoked in my car before.. My dads a smoker but hes denyd ever smoking in my car. The only possible explanation that could be is the Ford Dealer mechanic smoking in my car while I had my car in for Service. How do I go about verifying if it was infact ford? If IT IS infact them, Thats just wrong that they go to such low. Heck, I dont care if they smoke while theyre @ work, but NOT IN MY CAR. The only place I've had my car for service is Whiteoak Ford on Mavis & dundas. Im a little peed off.. Any ideas? has this happened to anyone else?
paolo,Jan 20 2006, 06:09 PM Wrote:Did some cleaning of my car today since it was nice weather,  upon looking arround in my car, I fould a lot of Cigarette Ashes like Under the Seats, under the carpets, in the side pockets, etc... I'm a non-smoker, and I NEVER let anyone ever smoked in my car before..  My dads a smoker but hes denyd ever smoking in my car.  The only possible explanation that could be is the Ford Dealer mechanic smoking in my car while I had my car in for Service.  How do I go about verifying if it was infact ford?  If IT IS infact them, Thats just wrong that they go to such low.  Heck, I dont care if they smoke while theyre @ work, but NOT IN MY CAR.  The only place I've had my car for service is Whiteoak Ford on Mavis & dundas.  Im a little peed off.. Any ideas? has this happened to anyone else?
[right][snapback]166134[/snapback][/right]
Well, I suppose anything is possible.

But honestly, what kind of work did you have done? If you have ashes all over the place, somebody would have to be spending a lot of time sitting in your car. Most mechanical procedures don't involve sitting around in cars.

And sitting in a Focus would be the least enjoyable place to take a smoke break.

Seriously, you'll have no way of finding out who it was. Ever lend your car to anyone else? I hate to say it, but I would say that if anyone, your dad is the likely suspect.
Think of everyone you know who smokes.

Now eliminate those who have never been in your car.

Now eliminate those who have never been in your car without you.

For those still left on your list, determine the number of opportunities each would have had to smoke in your car.

The one with the highest number is the most likely culprit.

Or you could look at the last line of the post above to get your answer.
OAC_Sparky,Jan 20 2006, 06:56 PM Wrote:your dad is the likely suspect.
[right][snapback]166139[/snapback][/right]

As a former smoker, we lie about smoking to everyone. He's your man.

Now quit trying to blame Ford for your troubles. Enough of the wanwanwa out of you.

STFU and vote Conservative.
Vote conservative,

Yup.

Blame poppa.
wait i have a better answer.

it's the imaginary girlfriend blow up doll you and puppet share.

you must have bought the smoking version
meford4u,Jan 20 2006, 07:33 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Jan 20 2006, 06:56 PM Wrote:your dad is the likely suspect.
[right][snapback]166139[/snapback][/right]

As a former smoker, we lie about smoking to everyone. He's your man.

Now quit trying to blame Ford for your troubles. Enough of the wanwanwa out of you.

STFU and vote Conservative.
[right][snapback]166145[/snapback][/right]

figures you would side with the 'ford' guy....you f***ers are all alike..

its like a cult....

can i join>?
no
hehehe you don't get to join.

mmmm smoke ashes in the car eh? ..mmmm Well maybe some one was going to steal your stero and was having a smoke, and while stealing your stero he dropped the smoke on his pants thus having a complete s*** and flinging ashes all over the car. Then in a s*** fit, he jumps out splashing more ash in the side glove holder things on the side.

That's the only way I could happen, I think.
Tri_kento,Jan 20 2006, 08:15 PM Wrote:hehehe you don't get to join.

That's the only way I could happen, I think.
[right][snapback]166158[/snapback][/right]

f*** off dips***...

ohh and those side glove holder things on the side....

THEY'RE CALLED MAP POCKETS........JERKASS!@

:angry:

:lol:
microbunny,Jan 21 2006, 07:55 AM Wrote:ohh and those side glove holder things on the side....

THEY'RE CALLED MAP POCKETS........JERKASS!@[right][snapback]166187[/snapback][/right]
What's a map?

[Image: gpsmap196PIC.jpg]

Jeez, are you old or something?

F***ers!! its not my dad.. How the f**k would ashes get under my trunk liner, under my folding rear seats? etc? I recently had my tires rotated, driveclean test, oil change, and a leaky clutch cylinder fixed @ ford dealer..
paolo,Jan 21 2006, 10:50 AM Wrote:F***ers!! its not my dad..  How the f**k would ashes get under my trunk liner, under my folding rear seats? etc?  I recently had my tires rotated, driveclean test, oil change, and a leaky clutch cylinder fixed @ ford dealer..
[right][snapback]166215[/snapback][/right]
Maybe someone's having sex in your car with the seats folded down.

Seriously though, call the dealership, put in a complaint, see what they say.
Holy fawk! Take a midol. It's only ashes.

You would think you lived near Chernobyl.
OAC_Sparky,Jan 21 2006, 10:36 AM Wrote:What's a map?

[Image: gpsmap196PIC.jpg]

Jeez, are you old or something?

[right][snapback]166213[/snapback][/right]

Just cause they are called map pockets, doesnt mean you gotta keep maps in it...

how about CD pocket
microbunny,Jan 21 2006, 01:52 PM Wrote:Just cause they are called map pockets, doesnt mean you gotta keep maps in it...

how about CD pocket
[right][snapback]166243[/snapback][/right]
The '05s have a CD holder in the dash down by your left knee on the driver's side.
[Image: story12672-picture15677-S.jpg]

But I do keep my gloves in them.

Side glove holder things , maybe?

:unsure:

paolo,Jan 20 2006, 06:09 PM Wrote:Did some cleaning of my car today since it was nice weather,  upon looking arround in my car, I fould a lot of Cigarette Ashes like Under the Seats, under the carpets, in the side pockets, etc...

Had you ever cleaned the interior of this car since you purchased it?

Maybe it was the poor grunts that assembled your car at the factory?

Mmmm, cigarette :blink:
well if you are a non smoker and don't let anyone smoke in the car then you would for sure notice a smoking smell in your car when you picked it up from the dealer. That sorta smell won't go away in a few hours that's for sure. Could it have been the original owner??

Edit: Stephan Harper did it!
meford4u,Jan 21 2006, 01:48 PM Wrote:Holy fawk!  Take a midol.  It's only ashes.

You would think you lived near Chernobyl.
[right][snapback]166240[/snapback][/right]
This about sums it up.

Wait until he finds the extra bolts in his door panel....

OAC_Sparky,Jan 21 2006, 02:53 PM Wrote:The '05s have a CD holder in the dash down by your left knee on the driver's side.
[Image: story12672-picture15677-S.jpg]

But I do keep my gloves in them.

Side glove holder things , maybe?

:unsure:

[right][snapback]166247[/snapback][/right]

Ah yes, the knee basher :( Nice idea, rotten execution.

Heh, my door pockets have everything in them except maps. From memory the list presently includes:

2 garage access cards (home/work)
1 package of Apline gum
package of tissues
pen
parking receipts
cell phone (while driving)

As for a map? Feh, that's what I plunked the cash down on a gps for :lol:

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2