FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Made An Offer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well Kristin and I just got back from a meeting with our agent and we made an offer on a semi in Niagara on the Lake. We had been planning to build another home this summer but was having lots of trouble finding a piece of property that I and now she liked.

We decided to start looking for something in the mean time knowing it would be 12 months at least from the start of construction until we would be in it. We found a 6mth old semi in Niagara on the Lake, right next to a golf course. The owners paid for a ton of upgrades and then he got relocated for work to PEI. They want a quick close so we are getting it for less than they paid! LOL With all brand new appliances! :lol:

It a sweet temporary place one that we could keep as a rental after we move into the new place once it's finished. Lots of upgrades, 1600sqft open concept etc etc.

Ahhh the plan is really starting to come together now.

Since this thread would suck without pics here we go.

[Image: 042357DD1E33-20124.jpg]
Nice House!
Congrats simon....Where's the ring?

Sounds like you're on the same plan as I was. ;)
oh hell, I'll rent that off ya for a reasonable price.

congrats man!
nice pad!

how much did you offer?

got the MLS listing on it?

EDIT: NM- found it :)

I'm surprised the lot is so tiny .....especially being N.O.T.L. i'd expect that in Brampton or other 'burbs
ANTHONYD,Jan 20 2006, 07:08 PM Wrote:Congrats simon....Where's the ring?

[right][snapback]166141[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, your right, I am! LOL

Its money well spent, to start small split everything 50/50 and just be sure.

As for the ring well I'm comfortable with things the way they are and after talking about it with her we would rather spend our 10% in this right now.

You guys will have to come and stop by on the summer cruise I'll fire up the BBQ for ya!
Focused,Jan 20 2006, 08:42 PM Wrote:nice pad!

how much did you offer?

got the MLS listing on it?

EDIT: NM- found it :)

I'm surprised the lot is so tiny .....especially being N.O.T.L.  i'd expect that in Brampton or other 'burbs
[right][snapback]166165[/snapback][/right]

I'll post the price if it gets accepted don't want to jinx it. LOL The lots are all the same size I think just about everything we looked at was that way. There were some being built in the new phase which had larger lots but you paid for them almost 85K more for a larger lot and 400sq ft more space.

We have been looking for at least 3 acres to build a home on, just can't find any the right grade or in the right area.
Euro Ford Fan,Jan 21 2006, 09:57 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jan 20 2006, 07:08 PM Wrote:Congrats simon....Where's the ring?

[right][snapback]166141[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, your right, I am! LOL

Its money well spent, to start small split everything 50/50 and just be sure.

As for the ring well I'm comfortable with things the way they are and after talking about it with her we would rather spend our 10% in this right now.

You guys will have to come and stop by on the summer cruise I'll fire up the BBQ for ya!
[right][snapback]166199[/snapback][/right]

Done.

And if I can remember correctly.....last year we were looking for looking for a pee break right around that area. :lol:
Congrats Simon!

Keeping that place and renting it out afterwards is an awsome move!

Im just curious, i know you have a well paying job, but what exactly do you and Kristen do for a living?
FociPhil,Jan 23 2006, 11:31 AM Wrote:Congrats Simon!

Keeping that place and renting it out afterwards is an awsome move!

Im just curious, i know you have a well paying job, but what exactly do you and Kristen do for a living?
[right][snapback]166436[/snapback][/right]

Well thats the plan to create an income source like that early in our lives would be fantastic!

I work for the family business selling and now manufacturing clay roof tiles and Kristin is and Ultrasound Tech she scans everything.

We are both very lucky to have such great jobs.
Euro Ford Fan,Jan 23 2006, 01:19 PM Wrote:We are both very lucky to have such great jobs.
[right][snapback]166452[/snapback][/right]

C'mon now...Luck and Hard work are very different things. ;) Some people on this baord dont get that. :rolleyes:

Congrats Simon, hope it all works out well for you and the lady! ;)
Flofocus,Jan 23 2006, 12:29 PM Wrote:
Euro Ford Fan,Jan 23 2006, 01:19 PM Wrote:We are both very lucky to have such great jobs.
[right][snapback]166452[/snapback][/right]

C'mon now...Luck and Hard work are very different things. ;) Some people on this baord dont get that. :rolleyes:

Congrats Simon, hope it all works out well for you and the lady! ;)
[right][snapback]166453[/snapback][/right]

True but I think that it takes equal parts of luck, hard work and liking what you do.

I've rolled the dice so many times over the past 6 years it's not funny some paid off others didn't. It's part of life if your not willing to take the big risks then you will never have a chance to make the big money.
Hard work... bar none.

I didin't exactly fall into this job either.

I decided to change directions mid-way through University.... Talk about big risk.
Good work man! Owning a house is pretty much one of the best feelings you'll get.

Congrats to you both.