FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Beware! Warning....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well about..mmmm tuesday it would of been, I was doing one of my mid-term exams at school,(which i passed :) ) But when I went to the parking lot to start my focus, something happened. I started up my focus and everything was great, then I switched it to reverse...., all out of no where the engine starts sounding really clunky and f***ed, almost like if an engine bracket broke off, because it made the car shake. So I take it out of reverse, then I give it another go agian, since it might of been like a one time thing... nope.

So Thursday came and I went to work at "Bonicks auto body" and I asked one of the mechanics there "Randy" my friend, if he could take a look, well in about 10mins he determined it was just ice froozen around the front axels which made everything solid, so that's why the whole car was shaking and it sounded so noisy.

So in short beware of ice build up on your front axel, because you never know. :ph34r:

beware....

Oh and my focus is great condition agian, i just had to keep it in the shop for about 5 hours to melt all the ice. :)
Welcome to Saskachewan. :rolleyes:
No kidding <_<
Didnt Adam have this problem before? It's only on the automatics, ice builds up and messes with it.. not something you'd think about right away.
Im lucky Iget to park my car in a heated garage. The s**t and snow that falls off is unbelievable. Specially with my car lowered so much. LOL I had a front mount snow cooler the other day. The entire opening on the Collection front was jammed packed with frozen snow.
Just installed the SVT suspension and was driving the car over a bump. I heard a scraping sound and thought that my wheel was rubbing the wheel well. Turned out to be just a large build up of ice behind the front wheels. One kick with the boot fixed that.!
Yeah Steve, it was ice on the mounts themselves on the ATX... this was similar for sure. The ATX made it more difficult to troubleshoot by the sounds of it, but nothing a hoist and some pressurized hot water couldn't fix. That's all the dealer did, anyways.

Now I just steer clear of ridges and drifts in parking lots :rolleyes:
Well when I took it in the shop, they all went home around 6ish and said to leave it for a while to melt, but i got jumpy since i only had 3 hour left till close up, and there was alot of ice. So i didn't wanna leave my car over night ,seeing as i had plans, so i jacked it up and turned the hot water on. 30 secs and it was all melted away ... i just had to let it dry then.. but really, who would of thought ice could do such a thing.

What a stress relief !
I had that last year.. i buried it some drifts in the drive way, and it sat for a bit (running) while i dug out. Then when i got going down the road it was shaking like crazy... i guess the heat of the engine and so much snow melted, got the axle wet and then driving out the fresh snow stuck to it and bingo, out of balance. No different than ice/snow in a tire.... still a build up on the driveline
Reminds me of when I did two 360s on the QEW at high speed in my old Si at 3am. Suddenly the road was all slush and all I could do was slam on the brakes and duck. The car ended up heading in the right direction and I started her up and stood on it to get the hell out of there. The car was shaking like a Liberal canidate in Burlington on Monday night. I thought I must have hit a pothole or something. Got off at the next exit and got out. The car was completly covered in slush/ice. Couldn't see any of the rotors. Ended up taking Lakeshore home very slowly until the ice had a chance to melt.