FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thinking Of Selling Rims And Tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking of selling my rims and tires so I can go with a more rally look. My question is, how much do you think I should ask for them?
These are the rims:
[Image: rims.bmp.jpg]
And these are the TIRES
Rims and tires were used for less than a thousand kms. Two of the rims have some scuffing on them due to curb rubbing, other than that, they are new. They do not come with center caps. So how much should I ask? I wanna know roughly how much I can get for them cause whatever these sell for is what I'll put towards another set of rims and tires. And of course, they are mounted.

BTW the rims are st200's from the ford mondeo
dabigmandan,Jan 19 2006, 05:43 AM Wrote:I'm thinking of selling my rims and tires so I can go with a more rally look. My question is, how much do you think I should ask for them?
These are the rims:
[Image: rims.bmp.jpg]
And these are the TIRES
Rims and tires were used for less than a thousand kms. Two of the rims have some scuffing on them due to curb rubbing, other than that, they are new. They do not come with center caps. So how much should I ask? I wanna know roughly how much I can get for them cause whatever these sell for is what I'll put towards another set of rims and tires. And of course, they are mounted.

BTW the rims are st200's from the ford mondeo
[right][snapback]165818[/snapback][/right]

what size of rim is that? if the tire size you posted is correct then they're 17" but thats a really wide tire for our car.

assuming rims are 17" and tires are 80% or better tread life left then you could get an easy $700-$800 especially if these are a mondeo exclusive rim meaning the mystique or contour didn't come with them.
Tires are better than 80% and yes they are 17's. I did link the wrong sized tires actually, sorry. They are 215/40/17. As for them being a mondeo exclusive... I'm pretty sure they are. Maybe someone else here could help out with that. Bat (if they're still around) sold them for 220 a piece i think, or somewhere around there.
dabigmandan,Jan 19 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:Tires are better than 80% and yes they are 17's. I did link the wrong sized tires actually, sorry. They are 215/40/17. As for them being a mondeo exclusive... I'm pretty sure they are. Maybe someone else here could help out with that. Bat (if they're still around) sold them for 220 a piece i think, or somewhere around there.
[right][snapback]165854[/snapback][/right]
I can't see the photo in your post, but ST200 rims are indeed a Mondeo exclusive that were never offered in NA ... BAT (yes they are still around) has them listed at $209 USD for each rim.

look here, bottom left of the page
Ya thats them. So... is 700-800 a fair asking price? Maybe 900?
you are only goin to get as much as someone is willing to pay...obvious enough.....used rims and tires don't retain their value as much as you would think....listed 220....maybe you will get 140 for them used...

also there are a hell of a lot of rims you can buy new for under 150... realistically if someone is going to buy them it is ognna be someone who doesn't have enough for new rims and will settle for something with a good price......an asking price of 750 is reasonable.........good luck with the sale!
I agree with Brucktown on this one, not to mention you did say one or two of them was a little damaged from hitting a curb or two, if anything ball park low $650 high $1000 because you are selling them with the tires and they still more or less are new.
ya you guys are right. I'll prob ask for 800 obo if I do decide to sell em. The problem now is finding a decent replacement for them in that price range. Focus fanatics has lots of people selling rims and tires but they all american. We don't get too many rim and tire sales here.
Theres someone over on FF who is looking for a set of these......

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=70634