FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Want To Buy A Game System Not Sure Which One.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
lordkingod,Jan 18 2006, 01:43 PM Wrote:Hey puppet: are you still buying every game, or downloading the occaisional one?
[right][snapback]165692[/snapback][/right]

Still buying... the PS2 library numbers at nearly 90 now.
Euro Ford Fan,Jan 18 2006, 08:38 AM Wrote:Hmmm damn guys why couldn't you all have said buy this it seems like each system has it's fans.

I found a Gamecube with 12 games for sale on ebay for $92 so I might just buy that for now if I find I use it then I'll consider something else.  If I don't then hell it's less than $100 so no big loss back to ebay it goes.
[right][snapback]165648[/snapback][/right]

Unless you go to a message board run by one of the big three gaming systems, yer gonna get the split up camps :lol:

I think your plan is reasonable if the games are ones you know you'll want to play. That way if nothing else you'll at least get a taste of the system and see if it's what you're after before committing serious cash for newer games/hardware

NefCanuck
[Image: atari301.jpg]

Insane graphics!!!!
hardk0re,Jan 18 2006, 09:18 PM Wrote:[Image: atari301.jpg]

Insane graphics!!!!
[right][snapback]165787[/snapback][/right]

Don't knock it for its day. Back in '81 I was laid up with a broken leg for eight weeks and a friend of the family lent us his brand new to Canada Atari 2600 (First gen model, heavy toggle switches at the front of it for everything and fake wood grain)

Got my mother so hooked on Atari Breakout that she played it more than I did :blink:

NefCanuck
i can hook you up with an old NES with Duck Hunt.
My multiplayer-ness ranking

Gamecube - Only if you're playing with your friends in the room, but tons of party games
Xbox - Good for either playing with friends in the room or on-line, xbox live is amazing.
PS2 - Regular games are good, but multiplayer games and conectivity is lacking
darkpuppet,Jan 18 2006, 08:42 AM Wrote:my first gen PS2 had zero problems for the first 4 years..
[right][snapback]165649[/snapback][/right]

Same here... too bad I never bought the dvd remote when it was out, all you can find now is the remote for the built in IR of the newer models

No complaints.... leave it on all the time (3 days sometimes i forget), lots of travel. Cottages, B.C. and back. In car usage on long trips, never shelved proper when on vacation.

Can't wait for PS3, however i won't be rushing out to buy it at stupid pricing.... I'll wait a bit
Crazirich,Jan 19 2006, 09:05 AM Wrote:Same here... too bad I never bought the dvd remote when it was out, all you can find now is the remote for the built in IR of the newer models

No complaints.... leave it on all the time (3 days sometimes i forget), lots of travel.  Cottages, B.C. and back.  In car usage on long trips, never shelved proper when on vacation.

Can't wait for PS3, however i won't be rushing out to buy it at stupid pricing.... I'll wait a bit
[right][snapback]165832[/snapback][/right]

I have the old IR remote if you want.

darkpuppet,Jan 18 2006, 07:23 PM Wrote:
lordkingod,Jan 18 2006, 01:43 PM Wrote:Hey puppet: are you still buying every game, or downloading the occaisional one?
[right][snapback]165692[/snapback][/right]

Still buying... the PS2 library numbers at nearly 90 now.
[right][snapback]165704[/snapback][/right]

Im at well over 200 now... ha ha ha ...
Its dreamcast all over again for me and my ps2.

Not something to be proud of but I thought I would write it anyways just because it's pretty funny.

Steve still wins because his are legit and thats nuts!!. I only own socom2/3 and the Final Fantasy Titles legitly.
hardk0re,Jan 18 2006, 09:18 PM Wrote:[Image: atari301.jpg]

Insane graphics!!!!
[right][snapback]165787[/snapback][/right]

ok that did it now I have to go pull mine out of the attic and play some Defender and Pitfall. brb.

kidding aside if you have kids the Gamecube is the only console to have.

Laterz :)
Pages: 1 2