FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thermostat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Exactly how the description states...where is the bloody thing and how hard is it to change. I think mine is basically stuck in the open position because I can leave my car warm up for 15 to 20 minutes in the morning and the needle on the temp guage never goes up. When I am driving the needle starts to move a bit but never gets off the first box (before the arking normal line). When you come to a stop..the needle just drops back down at a pretty quick rate. There is next to no heat coming out of the vents. I need to get this fixed.

Any help on what part number I should get for the thermostat and any how-to's on how to swap it out would be greatly apreciated.
I would also appreciate some help, altho mines not as bad as what thraxXx describes my car doesn't heat up that much either.

Is this something that i could do in the winter or is it an involved sorta fix?

Thanx guys
its located just infront of the coil packs, attached to the side of the cylinder head ... theres a rad hose connected to the housing
This is the best i could find ....hope it helps

Thermostat

Ok...I am gonna contact the FORD dealership before I tackle this project just to make sure that it won't void my warranty. I am not sure if the thermostat is covered under it and if it isn't then there is no way I am letting those monkeys charge me $80 to install a $10 part.