FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Freezing Rain Aftermath...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I don't know if many of you know, but Regina and most of S.Sask got freezing rain this weekend. It took me nearly 40 minutes just to clean my windshield, driver/passenger and rear windows. The rest of my car is thick with ice. I don't have anywhere to put it to thaw out, so today I took it to a carwash with the hopes of melting the ice away with the hot water. Well the job worked, too well... Along with the ice, a BIG chunk of my driver side vinyl effects heated and chipped off as well :( I'm not really upset and I was thinking about a change on that side of things anyways. But it still gets me down a bit. Now I HAVE to fix it, its not something just to think about anymore.

Now I have to try and come up with something simple like before that still looks good...
We are under a freezing rain warning in southern Ontario including the GTA for tomorrow afternoon.
We got enough in Ontario on Saturday morning to cause a co-worker of mine to flip his Acura just outside Cornwall on the 401. Apparently wrote the thing off as he managed to turtle it :ph34r:

Good thing I'm stuck home tommorow while the antibotics kick in <_<

NefCanuck
Yep ran the car for a good 30mins still have ice on my side windows, moon roof, and side mirrors, I think I should have went with the heated side mirrors thing. Prolly hit the carwash tommorow. And for winter washing I like the automated touch free washes cuz they blow the water off at the end.
well, ice does suck, but I guess that's something to consider when putting vinyl on the car. I never would have thought ice could damage it that easily.

My home town got some insane freezing rain once... the roads were so bad, that when my dad picked me up from work after midnight, it took nearly 40 minutes to drive home. I could walk the same route in 40 minutes in the summer... by the time the car got moving, we had to start braking to make it to the next set of lights.

It wasn't even safe to drive in the right lane becuase if one tire cuaght the snow on the side of the road while braking, the car would just spin out.

It honestly looked like the ford 500 commercial, in slow motion as people were just sliding and spinning EVERYWHERE. that was the longest drive EVAR!
My car was inside the garage during that rain, everything was nice and clear ;) Although the next day I had to drive my girlfriend to work since her car was covered in ice and didnt have time to scrape it off.

Jay you should try your car without vinyl on the side for a while and see how you like it. The stripes on your car look pretty good, but it might look better plain.