FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fc Camping Trip 2006 *4 Days To Go*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
First off, no bickering or whining about when and where that has been decided for you:

Algonquin Park, Pog Lake Campground, RF Zone:

[Image: HQ_6_1.gif]

[Image: PG_0_1.gif]

[Image: PG_4_1.gif]

Your fellow Focus Canada members have reserved the following sites:

#207: 2001 ZTS, j3rt & Ms. j3rt
#209: darkpuppet, AnthonyD

If you are interested YOU MUST MAKE YOU OWN RESEVATION FOR A SITE!

http://www.camis.com/OP/default.asp

Any of the sites near 207/209 are good, I would recomend one of the ones across the oad from 207/209 so that we may "take over" a good sized piece of real estate.

-Last year's trip was increadibly fun
-We basically had the entire "200" section to ourselves
-The roads are Focus friendly (even with a drop)
-Open to all
-Cost will be "about" $35/day/site, shared by up to 6 people per site.
-It was warm enough for swimming last year but I make no promises with respect to temperature or rain.
-no more than 2 cars per caampsite
-"about" 3hrs from Toronto

This is a good chance to try camping if you haven't before as the core team has all the gear, all you really need is a tent and sleeping bag.

The official dates are Friday to Sunday however some of us will be staying till Monday. We expect to convoy up Friday MORNING.

Any questions?

Pictures from 2005 trip, exact same campsites and time of year:

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=13777
From personal experience....this is a MUST.

I have nothing but awesome memories.
Not to mention the convoy up is a riot as well.

I HIGHLY reccomend this trip!
I was thinking about joining you but you do realize that June is serious BLACKFLY season. My parents live 30 minutes from there and I don't even vist them in May or June. And if the Blackfly are done it is then Mosquito and Deerfly season.

All I can say now is have a nice trip, don't forget the bug suits.
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 16 2006, 09:53 PM Wrote:I was thinking about joining you but you do realize that June is serious BLACKFLY season.  My parents live 30 minutes from there and I don't even vist them in May or June.  And if the Blackfly are done it is then Mosquito and Deerfly season.

All I can say now is have a nice trip, don't forget the bug suits.
[right][snapback]165448[/snapback][/right]

On the last trip we had no bug issues and this year we are at the exact same place at the exact same time of year. You'll notice we are all in shorts and t-shirts from the pictures not to mention hanging out at the beach in our nut huggers. Bugs are a non-issue.
If you go outside, you're going to have bugs... anytime of the year. A little bit of Off! and you're good to go. The bugs were such a non-issue I nearly forgot there were any at all.
I think I got 2 mosquito bites all weekend.

As for the dogs...Yeah, I'll be leaving mine at home. :(
Do they rent canoes there? If so, perhaps. If not, we'll be hitting up a different section of Algonquin this summer for just that reason.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 17 2006, 11:44 AM Wrote:Do they rent canoes there? If so, perhaps. If not, we'll be hitting up a different section of Algonquin this summer for just that reason.
[right][snapback]165510[/snapback][/right]

Yes, right at the beach nearest our campground, a short stumble away.
Are the, um, other halves coming?
Two more have signed up. (j3rt & Ms. j3rt)
sweet
I'm coming alone....

It's safer that way.
Seeing as that was mentioned, I'll show this thread to Sara tonight and let her decide. She seems to not mind the FC.net crowd too much, and she supports my modding, so it's up to her :)
ANTHONYD,Jan 18 2006, 01:47 PM Wrote:I'm coming alone....

It's safer that way.
[right][snapback]165652[/snapback][/right]

That's sorta what i was thinking.

Anyways, i'm in, will fill out the vacation form shortly.
LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

I'll start marinating the ribs now.
jcarle,Feb 8 2006, 10:08 AM Wrote:Y'all a strangers ta me now... y'all know I ain't gonna jingle my white ass next to you bunch until i best know you better! Y'a hear?
[right][snapback]169065[/snapback][/right]

Theres no better way than to get to know these guys by damaging your liver with them.
Flofocus,Feb 8 2006, 11:22 AM Wrote:
jcarle,Feb 8 2006, 10:08 AM Wrote:Y'all a strangers ta me now... y'all know I ain't gonna jingle my white ass next to you bunch until i best know you better! Y'a hear?

Theres no better way than to get to know these guys by damaging your liver with them.
[right][snapback]169089[/snapback][/right]

I took 10 years off my life last year.

It;s a wonderful way to get to know us!
meford4u,Feb 8 2006, 11:55 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Feb 8 2006, 10:45 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Feb 8 2006, 11:22 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]169089[/snapback][/right]

I took 10 years off my life last year.

It;s a wonderful way to get to know us!
[right][snapback]169093[/snapback][/right]

And that is exactly why I don't go.

1. I only have 10 years left in this world, and I don't want to spend all of it all at once with the likes of you.
2. I know enough already.
[right][snapback]169095[/snapback][/right]

you haven't truely lived until you've parties with the "Salty Sailor"

[Image: salty.jpg]
It's not all about drinking, there are campfire stories, sports, games and the like.

I understand Steve and Anthony plan to re-enact scenes from Broke Back Mountain?

I'm going for a walk when they perform myself but for those who stick around they should be pretty good at it I guess since they have been practicing all year.

I wouldn't mind going but June might be too early... and the possibility that there will be any brokeback mountain skits isn't helping any. But if need be I'll hold the camera so everyone else can ' enjoy ' the show.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8