FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spl Test G2g?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone? My cousin's shop does spl testing and can hook us up with group rates if we are interested.

I thought it would be a neat thing to try out, see how it goes... and maybe get something to eat afterwards.
I'd like a readout on how loud my exhaust is! :D
Whats spl testing? :blink:
SPL - A measure in decibels of the sound power produced by an object. It is measured with a sound level meter. There are contests held to see what vehicle can produce the highest SPL through its sound system. :)

MORE
i'd be in..as long as it's on a weekend and preferably better weathered...and i have more than like 2 weeks notice
my 2005-spec ford oem radio will own all ya'll
i already know my numbers...lol..where is it held
microbunny,Jan 16 2006, 05:49 PM Wrote:my 2005-spec ford oem radio will own all ya'll
[right][snapback]165399[/snapback][/right]

Ah but I bet my '05 spec Ford radio beats yours :P

NefCanuck
I bet when I put back my brullen exhaust it will drown you all out :lol:
ZTS_DJ,Jan 16 2006, 07:16 PM Wrote:i already know my numbers...lol..where is it held
[right][snapback]165411[/snapback][/right]

Well it'll be in Hamilton, on Stone Church Rd. E. at the shop. (Soundwaves)
How high does his SPL meter read too? Ive been in competitions lately where they only goto 145 and that just is not enough. But I may be intrested later in the year.

David
NoiSeeVT,Jan 19 2006, 12:24 PM Wrote:How high does his SPL meter read too?  Ive been in competitions lately where they only goto 145 and that just is not enough.  But I may be intrested later in the year.

David
[right][snapback]165883[/snapback][/right]

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i still have my focus i'll go to the meet. but if i end up getting that maxima. i dont think i'll have it in time
178dB

So you've been hitting 145dB's? I've gotta hear your ride. So far your the only serious one that has spoken in interest... i've just got a system for some punch, no comp intended... but I think this would be a neat g2g for us all to get to know what exactly we're missing out on, and maybe even what there is for us to enhance our sound. Scooba's got dynamat everywhere (until he sells the damned car)... where as i'm running stock body panels, pretty unknown parts (for most) and very cheap parts... i'll hold off testing my system till this g2g is taking place anyway.
If my car didnt assplode I'd have my system finished...

I allready have the amp... Viper 2500d
but i returned the subs.
NefCanuck,Jan 16 2006, 07:34 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Jan 16 2006, 05:49 PM Wrote:my 2005-spec ford oem radio will own all ya'll
[right][snapback]165399[/snapback][/right]

Ah but I bet my '05 spec Ford radio beats yours :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]165415[/snapback][/right]
my 2001 radio owns you all :P
So by the looks of it, only three are interested so that would mean this g2g is a no go.

I'll post a date when my cousin is having shows, and i'll leave it up to you guys to show or not... i'll be there of course. It's just too bad i've gotta see so many more Neons and Cavaliers from his buddies' clubs.
Well I know anthonyd didn't post here, but I was talkin to him on MSN and he said he'd be interested... it'd be nice to get some FC members together for this meet, regardless if it's a Focus Canada only g2g or planned event at the shop.
euro_zx5,Feb 11 2006, 06:23 PM Wrote:Well I know anthonyd didn't post here, but I was talkin to him on MSN and he said he'd be interested... it'd be nice to get some FC members together for this meet, regardless if it's a Focus Canada only g2g or planned event at the shop.
[right][snapback]169858[/snapback][/right]
I'd be interested in hooking up for sme bevvies, but I don't think my Audiophile system is a threat to win any sound awards.

I keep it stock, it's not worth the attention (to me). May as well put a sign in the Ford Parking lot "Rip Me Off" if I put a decent system in.
I'm in, can't say no considering its in hamilton.
OAC - that's cool! Still be cool to meet up and then cruise down for some drinks or a bite to eat.

habman - good to hear some Hamilton ppl reading this thread! :P
Pages: 1 2