FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: You Thought Your Work-out Was Tough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Christ, the heaviest I've ever gone was 120/arm...

there comes a point where the heavier weights feel totally different than lightweights, it's hard to describe, you can just feel your whole cardio vascular system switch into "sprinting" mode instead of "grunt" mode. I have a hard time imagining what doing 200lbs would be like..
Beats my 70ish per arm.

Wow.
actually, funny story,

i was doing 120, and I threw the weights down like that guy did (it's hard to put them down gently), and I had a bottle of protein shake (vannilla-raspberry) sitting up by my feet.

There was a girl standing a few feet in front of me, doing curls in front of the mirror.

So I throw the weight down, it bounces once, rolles forward, bounces a second time and lands square on the water bottle. The top popped off, and spewed the white shake all over the back of the chick's leg, mirror, and weight racks.

You've never seen a bigger look of shock on a chick then when you leave a sillouette of herself in white goo on the mirror... I spent the next 10 minutes wiping up the mess and appologizing profusely.

ah, the good ol' days.
That's amazing!! The potential of the human body and really good drugs is amazing!

Yep I like my weight level 1/4 of that!

Get caught throwing weights down at my gym and you get fined. There is nothing wrong with doing an exercise to exhaustion but being courteous to the people around you is still very important. It's like using straps if your not strong enough grip the weight in the first place then you shouldn't be using it.

Lots of sensible rules that I used to think were gay until I had a weight roll onto my foot while I wasn't looking.
I ahte poeple that throw down weights, biggest pet peeve of mine, especially if its less then 100 pounds, or you dont have a spotter.

Im surprised, he didnt have a spotter for that!!

I hope to be that size someday, insanely ripped, but i dont want to take drugs, so i wont even get half way there.

Puppets story was super funny!
The problem is that there's no easy way to let the weights down without risking injury... after a while, you're putting an EXTREME amount of stress on your rotator cuff and shoulders... of course I learned that I could let go, and rotate my arms enough to keep them on the weights (but not holding the weights) once they hit the floor so there wasn't the bouncing.