FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Emission Test #2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll keep you in supense until tommorow when I'm scheduled for the test. :P

Last time it was clean as a whistle. Increadible to think the car is 5-1/2 years old already with a whopping 75,000km. :lol:
Ha ha, E-tests, sometimes its good to live in the middle of nowhere.
hahaha, man. my svt is 2 years old in April. and i have 83000km. Good luck with the e-test... i'll probably need it if i still have the car in april
no you won't scooba, as of Jan. 1st/06 they extended the exempt years from 2 to 5 yrs old .. so if you own a 03 it won't have to be tested till 2008/09

I missed this new exemption status by 3 days ... stupid end of year bdays
And if you own a 1984 car you never need to get tested!!! YAY for old crappy cars....when my focus fails to pass emissions at least I got this thing to fall back on :P

I'm not sure how I am going to pass this year, with the race header even though I have the cat welded in theres no O2 sensors after the cat, etc....I'll see in the spring how I manage to get one.
I've been tested twice already!

Damn my car is old.

Passed both times, first time unmodded, second time with a few goodies.
Ya mines been through 2 as well. Didn't have the car for the first one, but i passed with flying colors on the 2nd.
schade,Jan 16 2006, 10:46 PM Wrote:no you won't scooba, as of Jan. 1st/06 they extended the exempt years from 2 to 5 yrs old .. so if you own a 03 it won't have to be tested till 2008/09

[right][snapback]165397[/snapback][/right]

I haerd this aswell but I was told it takes effect and of year? so this means my 2001 is exempt for this year??
nass,Jan 16 2006, 08:59 PM Wrote:
schade,Jan 16 2006, 10:46 PM Wrote:no you won't scooba, as of Jan. 1st/06 they extended the exempt years from 2 to 5 yrs old .. so if you own a 03 it won't have to be tested till 2008/09

I haerd this aswell but I was told it takes effect and of year? so this means my 2001 is exempt for this year??
[right][snapback]165433[/snapback][/right]

No, 2001's are not excempt hence the reason 2001 ZTS is taking his car for an emission test.
2001 ZTS,Jan 17 2006, 02:19 AM Wrote:
nass,Jan 16 2006, 08:59 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]165433[/snapback][/right]

No, 2001's are not excempt hence the reason 2001 ZTS is taking his car for an emission test.
[right][snapback]165436[/snapback][/right]

you ruined my night, thanks.
hardk0re,Jan 16 2006, 07:49 PM Wrote:And if you own a 1984 car you never need to get tested!!! YAY for old crappy cars....when my focus fails to pass emissions at least I got this thing to fall back on :P

I'm not sure how I am going to pass this year, with the race header even though I have the cat welded in theres no O2 sensors after the cat, etc....I'll see in the spring how I manage to get one.
[right][snapback]165418[/snapback][/right]

actually, They've changed that as well.

Quote:The rolling exemption that allowed light-duty vehicles to become exempt from testing at 20 years of age is ending for 1988 model year and newer vehicles.  They will continue to require Drive Clean tests, no matter their age.  All light-duty vehicles that are 1987 or earlier model years continue to be exempt from testing when they are 20 years old or older.  This includes historic vehicles.

Apparently someone in the government figured out that over 99% of all new cars were passing the emissions tests, while older cars were the worst polluters (it took them HOW long to figure this out???).. Anyways, the end result of the government's careful and meticulous research is that they're going to do away with the 'classics' clause and require EVERY car to get tested.

you're lucky you have a 1984 ;)

also, don't worry about the 2nd O2. I had mine disabled when I went in for my emissions test. It comes up as N/A in the test results, not a fail... so long as you're blowing clean air out the back.
darkpuppet,Jan 17 2006, 12:21 PM Wrote:also, don't worry about the 2nd O2.  I had mine disabled when I went in for my emissions test.  It comes up as N/A in the test results, not a fail... so long as you're blowing clean air out the back.
[right][snapback]165473[/snapback][/right]

did you have a cat in there when you got tested?
And the numbers are:

measuredmit

@40 km/hr:

HC ppm: 3/68
CO%: 0/0.38
NO ppm: 0/526

@idle:

HC ppm: 3/68
CO%: 0/0.70
NO ppm: n/a

What a waste of money on a 5 year old car.
After 200k km my 2nd test result is all most the same as the first one. Looks like Ford cat is holding up pretty good.