FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fusion From Focus Tuning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice car. Interesting to see that he painted the Fusion the same colour as the Focus.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a212/meford4...t=fusion-06.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a212/meford4...t=fusion-07.jpg

[Image: fusion-07.jpg]

[Image: fusion-06.jpg]
SIK..

I really like the fusion..
Thats an awesome looking car! The fusion is a nice car to begin with and what focussport did to it just makes it that much better.
Yeah, i've got so much respect for that car... I have way before it even came out. I still have a clipping from the Hamilton Spectator when ford introduced the new "500" I think they called it at the time, and it was the current Fusion. And that colour... meford you lucky bastard, that's one sexy colour!

That rim design is almost identical to my favourite Ford Racing wheel... not to mention many other mfr's... but that design is awesome. Not the best in that exact wheel, but still nice regardless.
DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL

And thats why I was wanting to trade in the Focus for a Fusion!!!
This one is not bad either...

[Image: 3060000000049518.jpg]
I'm still not feeling the love for the fusion...

but the more people try to make the front end look like a g35, the more I find myself liking it.. well, the front end anyways.
Still bordering on an old man car.

After test-driving one.... There truely is nothing special about this car.
Yeah I don't mind the fusion but modding a 4 door midsized 'family' car isn't something I would ever go out of my way to do.

I haven't drove one yet but I have some friends that have and have also said the car is pretty 'basic' in feel, nothing special......
I keep checking one out every time I go to the dealer. And like others have said, I can't love the car the same way I love the Focus.

It's just... crazy. You can't get the good motor with a stick, and the 2.3L buildup just seems un-necessary almost with the V6 kicking around.

Should they release a "ST" version or something with either a hotter-tuned 4 or the V6... I'd consider it again. The salesman last weekend made it perfectly clear that the Fusion was the Taurus replacement for that exact slot in the market.
A performance orientated version will come down the pipe, its just a matter of waiting for the initial hoopla to wear off. I wouldn't go out of my way to get a Fusion and fix it up, but if I had to get a mid size four door out of necessity, I would think about picking one up..... But then again, I'd probably be looking at the Mazdaspeed6. As for the one meford posted, :hitit:
I always did love 4 door cars. Specially the Lexus IS300. Even the Nissan SpecV 4 doors are super nice when modded.
The Spec V is an exercise in Advanced Gymnastics. That's what I need to get in the damn thing if the seat is anything but all the way back / down / reclined a good amount. Lexus IS300 - not bad, needs more snap.

Infiniti G35 FTW.

Mazdaspeed 6 - not bad, but most accounts say the small Mitsu turbo on there runs out of steam long before the redline. Otherwise, 276BHP in a turbo-4 is a Good Thing™.
habmann,Jan 15 2006, 09:49 PM Wrote:Thats an awesome looking car! The fusion is a nice car to begin with and what focussport did to it just makes it that much better.
[right][snapback]165247[/snapback][/right]

Focussport did not build this car. A little known company out of Vancouver called Focus Tuning did. They are actually HPA motorsport and build mainly some very fast R32 golf's that are not available in our country.
I like how that Fusion was done up on the outside. Makes me wonder how long it'll take someone to work on the DuraTech V6 so that the go can match the show :D

NefCanuck
the company built "our focus"? .... i thought it was the boys car

the truth comes out
meford4u,Jan 16 2006, 11:04 AM Wrote:
habmann,Jan 15 2006, 09:49 PM Wrote:Thats an awesome looking car! The fusion is a nice car to begin with and what focussport did to it just makes it that much better.
[right][snapback]165247[/snapback][/right]

Focussport did not build this car. A little known company out of Vancouver called Focus Tuning did. They are actually HPA motorsport and build mainly some very fast R32 golf's that are not available in our country.
[right][snapback]165313[/snapback][/right]

I was wondering why the HPA logo was all over them. HPA is well known in the VW world, and I know they have (had?) a Focus wagon project. Checked their site, and nothing about the Fusion....
Casper,Jan 17 2006, 01:19 PM Wrote:I was wondering why the HPA logo was all over them. HPA is well known in the VW world, and I know they have (had?) a Focus wagon project. Checked their site, and nothing about the Fusion....
[right][snapback]165550[/snapback][/right]

They've made two Focus wagons now.. they made a silver one with euro bumpers and widebody kit, and they were just featured in the latest issue of Focus Fanatics magazine with their blue 2005 wagon with vertical doors and rear-drive V8 conversion. I dont think they're using the "focustuning" name anymore though, they're using FPD (Ford Performance and Development) for all their Ford projects, a division of HPA Motorsports.
damn thats sick
i want those rims
Slimsride,Jan 16 2006, 03:30 AM Wrote:This one is not bad either...

[Image: 3060000000049518.jpg]
[right][snapback]165259[/snapback][/right]

Personally I like this one, mainly because the crome blends in a bit better, Although the red one is nice, but never been a fan that much crome on a car though.