FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Header Painting......?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought an OBX 4-2-1 race header and plan on swapping out my Hedman shorty and FC hi-flow cat

I was at Crappy tire to today an saw Dupli-color "HIGH HEAT with ceramic" good for 649C/1200F. will this be good enuff to coat my header??? Or will it just flake off??

also thinking of doing 3-4 coats with the high heat then trying 2-3 coats of the anodized metalcast, but it's only good for 260C/500F...

or should i just bite the bullet and send it out to be ceramic coated for real like my shorty and cat are?
The only stuff that works is the VHT high heat stuff. We could only find it at this hot rod shop.

Jarrod tried everything for his shorty header and it got embarassing while the paint cooked and all the smoke came out of the hood lol. Smelt like crap to.
I'd say ceramic coating would be the best, it would give you the absolute best finish possible. As for painting it, I'd say either leave it be nice stainless looks real nice. Sure it discolours a little, but it beats the look of paint that is flakeing off or burnt.

BUT if you do paint it and it burns off, you can always get them ceramic coated. I think fireball charges like $150 to coat a long header.