FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: If You're Bored .videos From My Archive .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all you will realized how hold I am because the first video was filmed in 1984 with my first full size MX bike , editing has been done by me and I suck at doing that so don't flame me for the poor editing and some of them are from VHS tape quality is very poor, to make a 3 minutes video it took me 3 hours ( picking up the scene , mixing it etc. ) .

Ok let start it : [Image: 898366F4-0FD9-46D5-9F30-00ACFFC08562.jpg]
This one was done with my first car , Nova 1975 bought from my mom and my first camaro ( both 6 Cyl ). Done in 1984 too , so it's 22 years ago , yeah yeah I'm a old fart who like to have fun ( still now ) . The first scene I hit a pole with my rear bumper and I do drifting in a empty parking lot while the cops are there and I knew about it , my friend did not want to tape it he thought I was crazy..

[Image: 8493F19C-18CF-4CE4-BDC2-E0B653B0FFC8.jpg]Click here to see Video

This one was done with my XR400 ( gone now ) with a helmet Camera .

[Image: 93787054-24D2-43AE-98FB-0A16A4DBE9F9.jpg]Click here to see Video

Here's another XR video done during a amateur race a few years back .

[Image: 8D86700B-C4DC-4995-B5AB-6C8BDF38B5E6.jpg]Click here to see Video

This one was from summer 2004 with my Mustang , like I said there is nothing special about it , it's just cool to have souvenir of your toys.

[Image: A6E65E8B-DFAB-4207-BDE7-B4C8F904F272.jpg]Click here to see Video

One more , this was a bike I borrowed in 2004 just to play , it was my first ride since 2002 , it was just hitching me to get back on one , I'm not a pro so this can be boring to watch but I did warn you , look at them only if you're bored.. ;)

[Image: B98D5B78-4686-4BCE-B7CC-E5E632120D69.jpg]Click here to see Video
did you end up saying what happened to the stang?
Whats up Martin I see you found your way here good job

Long time no beer since bothwell oh well I rce you your focus agaisnt my srt ok buddy

Later Don Richardson
nass,Jan 15 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:did you end up saying what happened to the stang?
[right][snapback]165182[/snapback][/right]

After 3 years of NOS abused I exploded the intake and toasted 2 pistons...

At the end I ended up at :

[Image: 26th_dyno_runaugust_002.jpg]

I was working at a place called SHM so I had access to all the equipement and resources possible for Mustangs , I dynoed my car 30 times in 3 months , all kind of test before and after installing parts , it's funny to see how off the numbers are between what the aftermarket compagny claims versus the real life..
DD1,Jan 15 2006, 01:56 PM Wrote:Whats up Martin I see you found your way here good job

Long time no beer since bothwell oh well I rce you your focus agaisnt my srt ok buddy

Later Don Richardson
[right][snapback]165184[/snapback][/right]

Bah you know Don my focus is not what my Mustang was , so racing is not a option but I'm ready for a beer when ever you want.

What are you doing here Mr. SRT4 ?
had a zx3 and a zx5 before i got smarter :lol: ;) :P
mpcv2000,Jan 15 2006, 05:58 PM Wrote:
nass,Jan 15 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:did you end up saying what happened to the stang?
[right][snapback]165182[/snapback][/right]

After 3 years of NOS abused I exploded the intake and toasted 2 pistons...

At the end I ended up at :

[Image: 26th_dyno_runaugust_002.jpg]

I was working at a place called SHM so I had access to all the equipement and resources possible for Mustangs , I dynoed my car 30 times in 3 months , all kind of test before and after installing parts , it's funny to see how off the numbers are between what the aftermarket compagny claims versus the real life..
[right][snapback]165185[/snapback][/right]

well how do they come up with those numbers? There are plenty of variables when getting a number such as temp. altitude, tune and other aftermarket parts to name a few. Unless you have the exact application on your car as they did the numbers won't add up. If they claim 30HP it's safe to assume you're getting 15HP
nass,Jan 15 2006, 02:06 PM Wrote:did well how do they come up with those numbers? There are plenty of variables when getting a number such as temp. altitude, tune and other aftermarket parts to name a few. Unless you have the exact application on your car as they did the numbers won't add up. If they claim 30HP it's safe to assume you're getting 15HP
[right][snapback]165189[/snapback][/right]

I think the trick is to give customer HP rating at the crank so HP will show higher numbers but most of the people are assuming it's the same at the front( or rear ) wheels . HP rating are given either SAE numbers or STD , SAE Numbers are corrected so that meas they are about 4% less then STD, I'm sure the after Market compagnies give us STD rating + Crank so we have to read between lines.
mpcv2000,Jan 15 2006, 06:16 PM Wrote:
nass,Jan 15 2006, 02:06 PM Wrote:did well how do they come up with those numbers? There are plenty of variables when getting a number such as temp. altitude, tune and other aftermarket parts to name a few. Unless you have the exact application on your car as they did the numbers won't add up. If they claim 30HP it's safe to assume you're getting 15HP
[right][snapback]165189[/snapback][/right]

I think the trick is to give customer HP rating at the crank so HP will show higher numbers but most of the people are assuming it's the same at the front( or rear ) wheels . HP rating are given either SAE numbers or STD , SAE Numbers are corrected so that meas they are about 4% less then STD, I'm sure the after Market compagnies give us STD rating + Crank so we have to read between lines.
[right][snapback]165191[/snapback][/right]

exactly. I don't think the output of any mod should be a determining factor.