FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Wagon Ztec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok, my focus is still going strong but is getting aged after 6yr/200k km. I am always interested in a 00-04 wagon/Zetec/5sp w/ white/black/blue, but I have never seen one in the above config with reasonable price. I am wondering is it worth while to buy one reasonable priced auto(around 5g) and swap a 5sp tranny(1g?) into it. What you focus'er think?
Focus Is Art,Jan 13 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:ok, my focus is still going strong but is getting aged after 6yr/200k km.  I am always interested in a 00-04 wagon/Zetec/5sp w/ white/black/blue, but I have never seen one in the above config with reasonable price.  I am wondering is it worth while to buy one reasonable priced auto(around 5g) and swap a 5sp tranny(1g?) into it.  What you focus'er think?
[right][snapback]164930[/snapback][/right]

No.
I'll second that. Not worth it.
Not even close.
Focus Is Art,Jan 13 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:ok, my focus is still going strong but is getting aged after 6yr/200k km.  I am always interested in a 00-04 wagon/Zetec/5sp w/ white/black/blue, but I have never seen one in the above config with reasonable price.  I am wondering is it worth while to buy one reasonable priced auto(around 5g) and swap a 5sp tranny(1g?) into it.  What you focus'er think?
[right][snapback]164930[/snapback][/right]
Did a quick search on autotrader and 3 ZTW with manual came up on the first page...

Okay it's not black, but what's wrong with this liguid grey one?
because its 15 grand :D
^^ what he said.

I say go for it!! I wanna see more suped wagons!
If you can find me a good condition one for 5-6k I will for sure go for it.
Focus Is Art,Jan 13 2006, 03:03 PM Wrote:If you can find me a good condition one for 5-6k I will for sure go for it.
[right][snapback]164956[/snapback][/right]

Oh so you want me to do all the work for ya heh :P :lol:
I have been hunting for the last 1/2 yr and find nothing, that's why I am asking if swaping tranny is a good idea or not. :huh:
Why not buy the color you want, which will likely be an SPI, and do an SVT swap. Really make it worth !! I'm not kidding either.
If boost til'bust can't make it work perfectly I don't think I have the skill either. Plus it will be a real pain to find SVT engine.
Ya' now someone is thinking
Or go with a rear wheel drive wagon thats sweet
put the mustang motor in it.
I would love to help you on that wagon swap
That would be really sleeper looking too, you pull up to a nice car do a burnout and what the rear wheel focus nobody will suspect it.
Im with Flo....I would love to see a Wagon modified on this site...there's not alot...Is there at least one?

02ztsian

I had the same problem, finding a ZTW with a manual in a dark color in S. Alberta. So I settled for four doors of fun!
You'd be better off doing the new 2.3L swap than an SVT swap if you're going to bother doing a swap at all. Either way it'd be a lot of work.. but modified wagons are very cool.
I was actually looking for a wagon when shoping for a focus. I really like the styling of it and think ford did a kick ass job with it. The only reason I didn't get the wagon is cause at the auction there was 2 wagons. one was manual but SPI the other Zetec with Auto. both mint but I wanted the Z with a shifter. :(

My uncle is on his 3rd manual zetec wagon he always finds one the first time.

[Image: focus_00cu_4dr_rd2x_003.jpg]

[Image: wagon_rear.jpg]
[Image: wagon_front2.jpg]

this one has an SVT swap

nass,Jan 15 2006, 11:55 AM Wrote:[Image: wagon_front2.jpg]

this one has an SVT swap
[right][snapback]165183[/snapback][/right]

Actually that was a 2.3L wagon that they put the Cosworth engine stuff on.. they swapped out the exterior stuff for the SVT parts though. That is definitely one of the nicest Focus wagons I've ever seen..
There have been 2 SE wagons with Zetecs and 5spds for sale at Murphy Ford in Pembroke...both had very low km's, and were in great shape...they were around 10K
Pages: 1 2