FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Turbo Ford
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to autoblog.com Ford is going to bring a 4 cylinder turbo, (ecoboost) in 2010. Will it fit in my 2000 focus?
oldeguy,Jul 22 2009, 06:05 AM Wrote:According to autoblog.com Ford is going to bring a 4 cylinder turbo, (ecoboost) in 2010. Will it fit in my 2000 focus?
[right][snapback]291503[/snapback][/right]

If you sell yours it will fit nicely into your parking spot.
oldeguy,Jul 22 2009, 07:05 AM Wrote:According to autoblog.com Ford is going to bring a 4 cylinder turbo, (ecoboost) in 2010. Will it fit in my 2000 focus?
[right][snapback]291503[/snapback][/right]
If you put the rear seat backs down you should just be able to put it in the trunk. :rolleyes:
10 bucks says I can get at least two of them in the back seat, maybe one more in the trunk along with the 3 ECUs required.

In the Escape? Plenty. Group buy anyone? :lol:
From the inside lane

Ford Officially Confirms 4-Cyl. Ecoboost Engine
In a press conference this morning in Dearborn, Ford officials finally confirmed what was already widely expected: Ecoboost technology will come to smaller four-cylinder engines soon.

It's the next logical step as Ford has said that it will eventually offer Ecoboost engines across its entire lineup. Ford says the smaller Ecoboost engines will deliver V6 performance while retaining the fuel economy of a typical four-cylinder engine.

We'll have more details as they are released, but for now we're left to speculate which vehicle will the new engine first?

Focus? Fiesta? Fusion?

UPDATE: Engine will displace 2.0-liters and deliver at least 230-horsepower and at least 240 pound-feet of torque. Ford officials hinted that the first application is not necessarily a car. Given that this engine will most likely replace Ford's 3.0-liter V6, the next Escape looks like a pretty good candidate for this Ecoboost engine.