FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So Can I Put The Summer Tires Back On?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dammm, well hopefuly this warm weather will continue. I know it has bad effect to the environment and stuff, but still. i like the idea of going out in january with no Jacket on.

So you guys think we are getting more snow this year?
I wonder when winter will come....this weather is unreal.

Don't be fooled........

We are still going to get pounded. Remember it's only January. We still have 2 more months of cold stuff. -6 on Saturday with a low of -14.

I hate to ruin your dreams. LOL
Its funny, i'm so used to this warmer weather now, i was surprised the last time i saw snow on the ground. It feels more like early spring right now than it does the dead of winter.
well hopefully we get some snow soon. i dont want to feel bad for wasting so much money on two sets of snows for me and the wife.
ya man, dont be fooled, u dont need to put ur summer tires on NOW like everybody is saying, u shoulda put them on 4 months ago like I did haha and sitll no problems at all driving
Yeah we were freaked out here... +1 or +2 today.
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 12 2006, 07:06 PM Wrote:Don't be fooled........

We are still going to get pounded.  Remember it's only January.  We still have 2 more months of cold stuff.  -6 on Saturday with a low of -14.

I hate to ruin your dreams.  LOL
[right][snapback]164807[/snapback][/right]

Look beyond that and we will see highs of +5 all next week. I was reading about this winter and they say that research is showing this is a once every 300 year phenomenon where Europe gets nailed with copious amounts of snow and cold and we get a very mild winter. They say it has to deal with an underlying current and lava flow in the ocean???
The recent long range forcast has us enjoying the mild temps right through the end of January.
Doesn't bode well for the travel industry. Sales don't start to skyrocket until the snow flies. Should be some great travel deals coming up.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/c...es/CAON0100.htm

so my answer is put 'em back on
It was nice to roll the civic out of the garage tonight and work outside. Vest & a T shirt in Janurary. Nice.
wonder when saskatoon will have winter.
Don't kid yourself. This is what we woke up to on April 3, 2005!

This is after having a balmy 18 degree day in Jan/Feb:

[Image: 100_0387.jpg]
That's a dusting!

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop... 2-3ft in other words.

They haven't called for it yet, but it'll happen.
This is a really weird winter.. We've only had a week of -20 and -30 days in SK, it's been staying right around the freezing mark for a month. I dont mind this at all..
yeah I think we're going to get hit hard sooner or later. Looking at all the weather patterns with all these massive cold and warm fronts it's only a matter of time before we get our own version of the perfect storm. Besides if it's snowing that means it's not blistering cold out, only snows when it relatively warm out.
Well, when I left Brantford last saturday afternoon to drive back to pet, there was mostly just grass and small patches of snow here and there, all the way up to Vaughn. As soon as I got north of Orillia, I started seeing snow, and then towards Huntsville, there was more than a foot of it on the ground. Algonquin Park, and east of it towards the Ottawa valley had even more. I arrived in pet to nearly 15-18" of snow here...and Brantford and Hamilton had grass...craziness!

Just be glad so many of you live in the GTA where there's almost no snow....I had a laugh listening to the radio news at my GF's in east york....they were making a HUGE deal over 5-10cm of snow that was inbound...my gf didn't understand why I found this amusing....until I reminded her of Petawawa coming to the rescue a few years back to help move snow and help traffic...lol
Luckily my Nokians have held up in the warmer weather. But it's really tempting to slap the Toyos back on...especially watching some Top Gear B)