FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need K&n Cone Filter Part#
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently using the cone off my old Steeda short ram intake on my JRSC setup. It desperately needs a cleaning. I have the K&N air filter cleaning kit but I don't have the neccessary time required for drying. So instead I would like to purchase a second cone to swap it out and clean the original cone at my leisure.

Does anyone know the K&N cone air filter part# that would fit the standard Zetec MAF?

I know K&N sell a kit (57i, part#57-0304-1) that includes the cone, breather hose, and flexi cold air hose that would be optimum but Canadian Tire does not sell it and will not order it in. Unless someone knows where I can buy this kit, I am left with just getting a universal fit cone which I need the part# for.
If it's the same MAF as the SPI, RE-0930. I'm ordering another this weekend for just that purpose.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 12 2006, 09:05 AM Wrote:If it's the same MAF as the SPI, RE-0930. I'm ordering another this weekend for just that purpose.
[right][snapback]164681[/snapback][/right]

Dude, clean it after supper, let it dry till say 10pm. Spray it before bed and install it in the morning.

Why is this so hard for you guys? :rolleyes:

It takes out one of your evenings, big whoop.

Unless you plan on reselling the old filter, IMO this is a waste of cash.
I have two filters, it makes it easy. Best not being too hastey rushing cleaning/oiling the filter. Over oiling or oiling a wet filter may not be the best for your MAF in the long run....
Anybody know what the part # is for a K&N Cone with a 3" Insert?

Bday is coming up and I gotta get some presents :D
^^ Exactly. - to Kev

Nate, the inlet on the K+N above is 3" according to their site and it fits any Focus MAF except the SVT methinks.

Is that what you need?
If its 3", thats exactly what I need.

NP... I recommend a worm-gear hose clamp as it will be quite tight to fit initially, but wear, stretching and heat loosens up the fit significantly.

That goes for anyone about to try it. It's been on for a year now on our MAF, no problems other than the fact it needs a cleaning :D
Its not a 3" inlet on the K&N Typhoon. I picked up one of those cone shaped filters they had on sale at CTC a couple weeks ago to do the same thing. Replace my K&N while I was cleaning it. But the tube on my CAI was more like 2 1/2" So I ended up doing what you suggested earlier in this thread. I took my filter off in the evening. Used the clamp to hold a rag over the inlet (just in case a critter wanted to go exploring) I washed the filter and let it dry. It dried faster than I thought. Re-oiled it and put it back on in the morning before work. Couldn't have been easier.

Good luck.