FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Front Brakes Clean Up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
paolo,Jan 12 2006, 09:25 PM Wrote:very nice.. also nice car pics, thats gotta be an mbrp tip? its different than the one i got, i can tell cus i recognize the exhaust hanger, though mine is different colour.
[right][snapback]164825[/snapback][/right]

It's a cat-back from FocusSport I did not want a "Fart Can" type of style and I wanted it quiet , I like the clean looking it gives ( I don't care about the performance ) and the stock exhaust has also a big thing hanging under the rear bumper and I think it's ugly.. [Image: dunno.gif]

01-yellow-ZX3

Isn't new rotors with old pads a no-no?
I like the way that tip looks on the exaust. Did you know your back rim is bent a little?.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 13 2006 Wrote:Isn't new rotors with old pads a no-no?
[right][snapback]164859[/snapback][/right]

I have done that more then once . If you replace rotors and they are in a very bad shape with groves etc. the pads will have scars so yes you have replace them to but mine were intact , just drive the first miles like you should do with new pads and they will sit perfectly like new ones .
vealzx3,Jan 13 2006, 01:31 AM Wrote:I like the way that tip looks on the exaust. Did you know your back rim is bent a little?.
[right][snapback]164862[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I know , 17" with low profile + the road in Quebec = chance to bend rims.. :(

I hit a put hole last summer and I exploded the front right mag... :angry:

[Image: mag_wheel_002.jpg]

[Image: mag_wheel_005.jpg]

I had 17" on my previous car but I never has issues with bending rims , I had 17X9 with 275/40-17 and the rear I had 17X10.5 with a 315/35-17 so the side walls where thicker and the ride was a lot smoother , I never had 17" on a smaller car , I know now you have to pay a lot more attention to putholes. I also bought the car used and they were probaly bent at a few places but never really paid attention.

With my previous car mags were not bending but tires were melting so it was a different problem.. ;)

[Image: sarnia_may_2004_006.jpg]
Holy that is one mashed up rim, I don't think I've ever seen a rim come apart like that before. Can you post pics of your current rims I sorta seen on in the back ground and they looked nice.
nass,Jan 13 2006, 11:19 AM Wrote:Holy that is one mashed up rim, I don't think I've ever seen a rim come apart like that before. Can you post pics of your current rims I sorta seen on in the back ground and they looked nice.
[right][snapback]164901[/snapback][/right]

They are off brand wheels , a Canadian distributor put his name on the wheels , RTX for Robert Thibert , this guy wholesale all kind of parts for trucks and cars.

[Image: mag_wheel_011.jpg]

[Image: 03_ford_focus_1st_pics._002.jpg]
mpcv2000,Jan 14 2006, 12:28 AM Wrote:
nass,Jan 13 2006, 11:19 AM Wrote:Holy that is one mashed up rim, I don't think I've ever seen a rim come apart like that before. Can you post pics of your current rims I sorta seen on in the back ground and they looked nice.
[right][snapback]164901[/snapback][/right]

They are off brand wheels , a Canadian distributor put his name on the wheels , RTX for Robert Thibert , this guy wholesale all kind of parts for trucks and cars.

[Image: mag_wheel_011.jpg]

[Image: 03_ford_focus_1st_pics._002.jpg]
[right][snapback]165024[/snapback][/right]

not bad does this guy have a website or something??
nass,Jan 14 2006, 02:25 PM Wrote:not bad does this guy have a website or something??
[right][snapback]165103[/snapback][/right]

I found his web site but it_sucks , here's another one in Canada selling his products , looks like he carries other stuff then the RTX wheels , I found this on Google. :Clic here
mpcv2000,Jan 12 2006, 06:58 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jan 12 2006, 10:12 AM Wrote:Nice, what rotors are those?
[right][snapback]164706[/snapback][/right]

same as these : Clicky
[right][snapback]164804[/snapback][/right]

Yeah they're pretty good rotors for the cost... i bought my cross-drilled Brembo rotors off them a few years back and have had no problems with them. I also mated them with some Axxis ceramic pads. I've had to do some hard braking too, and absolutely no problems

Nice looking ride btw!! keep up the good work!
SL8RZZX3,Jan 14 2006, 04:13 PM Wrote:Nice looking ride btw!! keep up the good work!
[right][snapback]165120[/snapback][/right]

Thanks man !
Pages: 1 2